Does Anyone Have Any Experience with... -

Go Back > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > Mach 1 Section

Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Does Anyone Have Any Experience with...

Old 12-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
1st Gear Member
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Default Does Anyone Have Any Experience with...

...mating a BBK Twin-65mm throttle body with the JLT Performance Next Generation Ram Air Intake? (03-04 Mach 1)

I ask because I ran into an issue with using that particular throttle body with my stock intake tube. The "mouth" of the throttle body is too long and the stock intake tube is too shallow before the TB hits the inner lip of the tube. This resulted in not being able to clamp properly, subsequently causing a massive vacuum leak. So now I'm looking for an intake tube that will fit with that particular BBK throttle body.

It seems JLT knows a bit about what they are doing so I'd like to go with it. Not that I'll see much, if any gains from this intake, but at least it might work with the TB.
Steeda UDP, Steeda CAI, BBK Twin-65mm TB, MSD Blaster Coils, Bassani Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-back system, Bama Tuned, Exedy stage 2 clutch & 16 lb. flywheel, Steeda Stage 1 G-Trac suspension.
TXMach is offline   Reply With Quote