Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > Mach 1 Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach1
DUBarado
Send a message via AIM to dubarado
Unhappy no more fuel to the motor

Well I was out in the Mach for a cruise today in this nice weather, and What started as a normal drive ended in a flatbed ride home. I was leaving a light and rolled onto the throttle in 2nd gear, and as I slowed to the next light it started to rough idle. Then it cut out completely. I restarted it and was flooring the pedal trying to get fuel into it and managed to get enough speed to pull off to a side road where it died again. Knowing the battery was 4 years old, I swapped it on site after my brother in law brought one out, and it starting turning over really well, but no fuel! I checked the fuse, it was good, the cutoff in the trunk was not popped up but i reset it anyways (tapped it til it popped then pushed it back down. I also depressed the valve on the fuel rail and no gas came out. Leading me to think it's the pump. Anyone else think it's the pump? What else should I check before dropping the tank? There were/are no codes since I swapped batteries.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

BENNY GO HOME!!!!
dubarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
cema_93

Well if there's no gas coming out of the fuel rail then that means there's either a blockage or the fuel pump isn't priming/running. And u said it wasn't a fuse. U have already narrowed it down it sounds like. I'd be willing to bet its the pump. Not much else it could be, right?
cema93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
dubarado
4th Gear Member

DUBarado

Yes I checked the switch in the trunk and its getting power. Had my buddy stand behind the car and didnt hear the pump, so needless to say I gotta drop the tank to swap it. Any tips or tricks for this? Also what's a good fuel pump? Autozone is cost effective, but not sure if the walbro/airtex pumps are decent. See a lot of mixed reviews.

BENNY GO HOME!!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
dubarado
4th Gear Member

DUBarado

Oh, forgot all about this post, but I installed a green top SVT focus pump and she's been running well ever since (knock on wood)

BENNY GO HOME!!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement