Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Shifting problems, 1st and Reverse, tr3650

Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
herstang03

Default Shifting problems, 1st and Reverse, tr3650

Hi, I bought an 03 mach 1 and then first day leaving my garage (last year) I could not get it to go into reverse (not even muscling it did it or going into another gear and back) If I shut my car of it will go in like butter, I have this issue with 1st as well. It does not happen all the time, does not grind when trying to go into reverse or 1st just wont go in, I also does not pop out into N.

I have the Tremec 3650, also has its own synchro for Reverse.

I have torn the car apart and can not find a single thing that would be causing this but I think it would have something to do with clutch not disengaging fully.

I have Centerforce clutch, brand new, tested with press to make sure wasn't faulty, checked out good. Could this still be bad and should try new one?

I have flywheel that's look new but doesn't say part number just made in USA, I am not sure if maybe that would be it, how do I check if wrong Flywheel?

The Synchro and Blocker ring appear to look fine, no shavings in tranny fluid when drained.

Should the shaft in tranny have any play?

I have a new firewall adjuster and did have fiore but bought a ford R quadrant now. Some one mentioned a TSB on the bellhousing not being lined up correctly, anyone know about this or have any other suggestions for me. Im running out of ideas and Spring is like here!!

Please Help! Thx Shelly