Maryland Regional Chapter Chapter President: BlueBloodedPony

Events And Adventures

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Yeah O.C is nearly 4 hours from me, i don't really think a place on the very south east of the entire state would be the best meeting point lol. I would so be down for charlestown but im not 21 yet I love me some poker as well, BBP why don't we just all come to your house for poker night?

Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Hey Maryland folks. If no one is doing anything next weekend(July 11th), MDPatriotStangs is having a cruise. Here is the link with all the info.

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com/md-pa...uise-t3196.htm

Feel free to join us and if you have any questions, PM me.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

yep missed that, lol i gotta check this more often.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Alright well i would really like to get a M+G going within the next few weekends, lets get some ideas rolling!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Default American Muscle Car Show

September 11th Phenoixville, PA,
now for me this is quite a hike but i would like to go, if we could get a few people to ride up it would make the drive fun and seem not so long, anyone interested?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:18 AM
juscarter

I imagine there's a lot less going on in the winter, but have any'o'yous heard bout any shows going on in Jan/Feb time frame?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
GOLDDIGGA

Default 11th DROPTOBERFEST Car Show & AUTO X-Northeast PA Oct 16th

Northeast PA's 11TH Annual DROPTOBERFEST car and truck show will be held this year on Saturday, October 16th. Located at the Luzerne County Community College campus in Nanticoke, this show attracts enthusiasts and clubs from up and down the East Coast. All styles are welcome including minis, lifted, full size, sport compacts, lowriders, raceready, hot rod, muscle, rat rod, and even lowrider bikes, just to name a few. Show is 8-5, rain or shine, and registration is $20.00 which closes at 1pm. 100% of the proceeds are donated to the college. General ADMISSION IS FREE!!! Dozens of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies in every class sponsored by A&A Auto stores. There are more classes and specialty trophies this year than ever before. Over 135 trophies up for grabs! The Sports Car Club of America will again be holding a SOLO II autocross/ drifting competition for racers and spectators. If interested in racing at the show, make sure to visit the SCCA website for important information. Also on the agenda is the Kiddie Rydes DB Challenge, a SPL stereo competition which will add more trophies to the mix. The guys from DROP 'EM WEAR will be participating in this event and will have the official 11th anniversary DROPTOBERFEST tee shirt available for sale! A&A Auto stores will be present along with Auto Addictions, Jesse "the turtle and alligator guy", the US ARMY and their FREE rock climbing wall, Jack Williams Auto Stores, and many more retail and food vendors. Lots of activities to do like the Quaker Steak & Lube Wing eating contest, carnival games to play, competitions to enter, live entertainment by DJ Kryptonite, and free prizes to take home! The girls will be out selling raffle tickets all day for our famous, sold-out-every-year, gigantic raffle. Confirmed show coverage will be announced on the website within the following weeks. Visit Kiddie Rydes or Droptoberfest on MySpace and Facebook for pictures of previous Droptoberfests. Lastly, Droptoberfest started as the area's only outlet for lowered cars and trucks to compete against themselves, not against vehicles like classic, muscle, antique, and hot rod. Over the past ten years, Droptoberfest has made such a name for itself, that it had to grow to accomodate these other categories of custom vehicles. So if you haven't been by in a few years, try it again, you'll be impressed by the balance of old and new, dropped and lifted, classic and modern, and race and cruisin'. The vehicle customization industry constantly evolves and Droptoberfest has grown year after year to accomodate these new forms of expression, so come check it out in 2010
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Wow. I feel like I was assaulted by that block of text....
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 AM
bruthru2003
2nd Gear Member

Default Test n Tune - Mason Dixon Dragway 10/16/10

This is a great event put on the the Northern Virginia Mustang Club. I have been attending there drag days for 3 years now and you cant beat the price for four hours of drag time. I have averaged anywhere between 25 to 30 runs per test n tune. Lines are never more then 5 cars long. Check out the information below. For more information, check out the club at www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com Deadline for payment is really soon but I just wanted to put it out there. Hope to see some new faces. You wont regret it! Says for club members but anyone can come out.

------- Email Sent Out to Club Members---------

Racers & Members, Friends,
Ok make sure you save this E-Mail for further guidance regarding the clubs 2010 NVMC Dray Day (test and tune) #4 Session (16 October 2010)
Event Information:
All these dates have been Saturday mornings from 8am-12 noon (track time). We as a club will form up at the Main Gate at 7:00am on each given track rental. These are (4 hour) rentals; just the club will be on the track. We have (both lanes) and the tree can be adjusted to Sportsman or Pro depending on what you are looking to practice on. Also we will have (1 lane wet) and (1 lane dry) for both slick, drag radial, street radial tires.
We usually drive up as a group and meet at 05:15 am at the Dulles Expo Center (club meet location) and depart at or near 05:45 am for Mason Dixon Dragway.
Prior to going to the track we stop at the Sheetz Gas Station located at 20723 National Pike, Boonsboro MD 21713 for food, drink, ice, restroom brake).
From there we drive just down the road to Mason Dixon Dragway located at 21003 National Pike, Boonsboro MD 21713 and line up at the main gate for Check in, sign waiver, get wrist band and payment for the ones that did not pre pay*
* Now in regards to PRE PAYMENT- We must have (30) Pre Paid Racers a week in advance of the scheduled Event, if we don't the event will be cancelled. Your payment covers the insurance and rental that is required to hold the event and is guaranteed if the event is cancelled, rained out, providing you follow the procedure listed below;
1. In an event you cannot attend you send me an E-Mail stating that you cannot make the event (this must be done prior to the event) not a day or so later.
2. All monies collected can be returned in case of inclimate weather, they also can be forwarded to the next event scheduled if you ask.
**We know emergencies happen and will handle each situation individually.**
Payment Information is as follows:
$50.00 per Racer
(Club Meeting)
$52.00 via Pay Pal (www.paypal.com) a $2.00 service fee is applied by Pay Pal to use this option)
*** In the event we have (30 PRE PAID) 7 days in advance of the Race Date you can pay $60.00 at the gate (late fee applies here, Pre Payment is the best option). If you cannot make a Meeting or you don’t have a computer contact me and we can arrange a US Mail Option.
Trip/Track Procedures:
Pits- 10mph Speed Limit, No Burn Outs in Pits, No Alcohol, No heating of Nitrous bottles w/ Propane Torches. Wrist bands and numbering of vehicles will be done at the gate, you cannot run without them.
Reckless Driving Issue- No Reckless Driving on the way up near the TRACK, a couple racers forfeited their money last year when tossed from the track by management for this violation.
Drivers Information:
None of the following cannot be worn by you while racing;
Tank Tops, Cut Off's, Open Toed Shoes, Sandals, Shorts.
Vehicle Safety Information:
Your vehicle must be up to the standards set by the NHRA (see the forums for the requirements). Most stock Mustangs will be ok with the safety equipment you have in the car (OEM).
Vehicles running 12 seconds or faster, check the safety requirements out in the forums or NHRA Manual.
Spectator Information:
You get (1) Pit Crew member admitted free, additional spectators are $10/ea.; this is mandated by Mason Dixon Dragway.
We have 16 days until the event and 9 days for the 30 Pre Payment Deadline. Due to the economy etc., after discussing it we decided to try it on an every other month basis, we want to fill the (4) events we have this year, we lost $ at event #3, will this event happen?
If you want to Race please send all pre-payments to Enforcir@gmail.com if you are using Pay Pal (www.paypal.com) remember its $52.00 using this option.
You can pay $50.00 at a Club Meeting on 9 October 2010. If you cannot make a meet call me (703) 346-8151 and we can arrange an alternate option. You can also E-Mail me at Enforcir@gmail.com with any questions, concerns etc. All CHECKS made out to: Cyril H Coburn
We do allow "NON" Ford products to run from time to time, they will be held to the same standards the NVMC Club Members are, and the pre-payment options apply. Contact me if you have any questions regarding this issue too :-)
We look forward to hearing from you all soon; please get those payments in FAST . Thank You, Ceece & Crew

Club Mail Address:
Ceece Coburn
Co-Founder
Northern Virginia Mustang Club Inc.
PO Box 104
Amissville, VA 20106
(703) 346-8151
Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
bruthru2003
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE!!!!! The drag day is a go! We have all the prepays we need so everyone is more then welcome to show up the day of and pay to participate. Anyone who can make it, definitely come check it out, you will not regret it. You wont ever go to a better test n tune, especially for the money. Good time a good people. Hope to see a few of you out there! Again, the test n tune is this coming Saturday, October 16th from 8 am to noon. Weather looks to be sunny and 69* for a high. Perfect weather!

Quick Reply: Events And Adventures