Maryland Regional Chapter Chapter President: BlueBloodedPony

WHAT A BUNCH OF JERK

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:19 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Default WHAT A BUNCH OF JERK

I live in Salisbury and usually visit Ocean City frequently.
WBOC TV has been doing stories for the last couple of weeks about all the crime on the O.C Boardwalk and the town in general and how bad it is getting and the locals want their town back.
My complaint:
I took a ride down to O.C. yesterday and a O.C. cop was talking to 2 other cops and he watched me pass him with my heavy modified 2013 GT jumped in his car and pulled me over in the inlet parking lot. He ask for my license and registration. I ask what he pulled me over for and he said just give me your license and registration. He went back to his car, a bicycle cop came up and they were back there for over 20 minutes. He comes up hands me a Warning Ticket for a less then a 1/8 inch wide illegal Chrome license plate frame and illegal Tint. so I told him my window tint was not illegal and if he would have ask I could have showed him my waiver letter from my Eye Doctor that allows for the tint that I have. So I ask him to remove it and he tells me " TOO BAD ". What a A**HOLE. In the mean time 90% of the cars passing us in the inlet have frames around there plates with names of dealers and wider then mine and I ask him and show him all the cars and he tells me again don' worry about them. Boy if this is not "PROFILING" for having a nice car. So now I am pissed and said to him. with all the news reports and all the crime here in O.C. and 2 of you being here for over 20 minutes giving me a warning for a stupid frame around my plate, and he says I do not need a lecture would you like me to write you up for a Repair Order. What a bunch of jerks. I will be writing a letter to the Mayor of O.C. and I have already contacted WBOC which may run a story. Oh!!! and by the way the Officers name is Officer J. VITALETTI a " WANT TO BE A REAL COP " and they wonder why crime is up in O.C. I sure hope there are some members on here who are in Law enforcement and it gets back to some important people in Office. This is not a coincidences either I had one of the First New Camaros down here in 2010 a Bumble Bee, Yellow with Black Stripes and got pulled over 14 times in a 6 month period in Worchester county and had to get rid of it for that reason. I bought a Corvette and again So now I own a Black Mustang and thank God in 6 months this is the first time. So if you have a Nice car be very very very careful in Worchester County and O.C. I have actually seen cops in cherry pickers 15 feet hiding in the trees with radar guns and 3 or 4 cop cars a 1/4 mile down the road pulling cars over in Worchester County.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 08-17-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Hope the judge does the right thing. Sometimes Cops forget who pays their salary.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:59 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
Hope the judge does the right thing. Sometimes Cops forget who pays their salary.
I do not have to go to court because it is only a Warning. The problem lies, that every time a cop pulls up behind me and checks my tags on his computer it will come up with illegal Tint and I will be stop every time, even though I'm legal and it can become a pain in the butt. That is why I wanted it taken off the Warning. The local Salisbury Police are Ok they have more important things to do then pull someone over for trivial things. What pisses me off is that he was a jerk about it and did not ask about the Tint. In case anyone ask, I was very polite until the very end to this jerk. Maryland could take a lesson from Delaware. What they do is if you have a Tint Waiver it is reported to the Delaware MVA and it is put in the computer and when the Delaware police pull your tag on their computers in the car it shows you have a Tint Waiver and they leave you alone and will not pull you over for Tint.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 08-17-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
Cops get paid by taxes. I pay taxes just like you, therefore I pay for my own salary. Just something to think about.

As for the OPs store. Yes cops can be dicks, sometimes a bad bad will get the better of them. Not all cops are dicks, not all cops hate modified cars, not all cops are looking to "make their quota" (btw quotas are NOT real). Most of us are very nice guys who just want to make our communities a better place.

Matthew
Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
As for the OPs store. Yes cops can be dicks, sometimes a bad bad will get the better of them. Not all cops are dicks, not all cops hate modified cars, not all cops are looking to "make their quota" (btw quotas are NOT real). Most of us are very nice guys who just want to make our communities a better place.

Matthew
I work with police / sheriff departments all over the country (especially traffic cops). For the sake of my job I won't be saying in what capacity but I could not agree with you more, most officers / deputies I work worth are good people but this line of work definitely can bring in a "dick" personality as I and my fellow co-workers can attest to that.
I cannot however agree with you on quotas. I have dealt with departments that may not call them quotas but they are. I'm not saying every PD but more than a few. A lot of these will call them performance parameters or some other cover up name. I just was at a Sheriff dept. in California where if the deputies do not meet there "performance parameters" they get put on the bottom of the sign in for off duty O.T. which we no is were the real money is. If they did not meet there parameters for I believe 3 month in a row they were banned from all sorts of perks for I believe 6 months.
Quota ? I think so.....
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Cops get paid by taxes. I pay taxes just like you, therefore I pay for my own salary. Just something to think about.

Matthew
They are called "contacts" here. Here the state police are highly advised to make 5 contacts per shift.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 AM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
They are called "contacts" here. Here the state police are highly advised to make 5 contacts per shift.
Yes I've heard that term used also. Remember though the majority are just doing what there assigned to do, they want to keep there jobs just like everybody else, there orders come down from way up the chain. Most places will have 1 or 2 officers that right 3 times more tickets than anybody else and they are usually the dick personalities. Let's face it an officer could pretty much right tickets non-stop through his shift if he really wanted to.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:49 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Matthew
Believe me I Have respect for most cops, they are under paid for having to put their lives on the line every day. I would not want their jobs. It's the A**HOLE cops that are out there like this jerk. I know for a fact I was profiled. You would not believe what he had to do to get to me in the inlet Parking lot, and believe me this lot is huge with children running around and this jerk going like a bat out of hell to get to me, all one of these kids had to do is step out from behind a car and they would have been killed by this jerk, all for a stupid A** warning for Tint and a license frame.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by mojobama
Yes I've heard that term used also. Remember though the majority are just doing what there assigned to do, they want to keep there jobs just like everybody else, there orders come down from way up the chain. Most places will have 1 or 2 officers that right 3 times more tickets than anybody else and they are usually the dick personalities. Let's face it an officer could pretty much right tickets non-stop through his shift if he really wanted to.
Read my reply to Matts 95 Stang above. Also like I said he put a false report on this warning about the Tint, it will cause me problems with other Law Enforcement because like I said before if a officer runs my Tags it will show illegal Tint and I will be pulled over every time. This jerk tells me when I ask him to remove it " TOO BAD " were is the fairness here for being legal ?

Last edited by B's 5.0; 08-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I hate a** cops too. Though for the most part, I have found 95% of LEOs to be pleasant and even minded people. Maybe he's always a d*ck or maybe he's just having a bad day. Who knows.... Might make me take my impala down to OC if I get down there this year.

On a side note, what medical conditions can warrant darker tint? I've had PRK surgery in the past, so the bright sunlight actually hurts my eyes during the day, that and the tint could help in reducing the obnoxious people who like to flash highbeams in my rearview...

My Impala has nearly 5% tint, but doesn't get a second glance (Could be I have emergency lights too.... but thats for fire/ems). I am leery of getting tint in my Stang though lord knows I could use it. YOu can PM me info if you don't want to make it public..
Thanks.

Quick Reply: WHAT A BUNCH OF JERK