Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Need help with my sex life....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default Need help with my sex life....

Ha...knew that'd make folks look... but there is some truth to it

Situation is this: I love driving the 'vert with the top down, the more wind the better, I've even driven from Boston to the Kansas City area without ever putting the top up at all, several times, BUT this year, the vacation plan is for my fiancee to fly up here to MA, spend a week to ten days, then we'll drive back to her place in Kansas where I'll spend a couple weeks.

Now, the issue is like many women, she feels getting her hair whipped into a medusa-like froth makes her somehow less attractive, and I DO NOT want to make a 1400mi drive with the top up most of the way...

Sooo...I'm suddenly in the market for a wind blocker after all this time avoiding one. I've got it narrowed down to two, but am honestly 50/50 on which to go with.

CDC makes a nice mesh one with aluminum frame that rests snugly behind the lightbar, covers the back seat area (nice for hiding stuff stowed there), and installs without any mods, and uninstalls in seconds.

Shepherd makes a lexan one, which mounts inside the lightbar, but requires a few holes in the lightbar for install, doesn't cover the rear area, and is a bit more involved to remove, but it has a cleaner overall appearence imho, and costs around 1/3 less.

Opinions?

CDC:

Shepherd:

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-23-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i think K.I.S.S. (keep it stupid simple) and go with the CDC, since it's something you would only have to put up when she's in the car with you...so you have a fiance? and why are we only hearing about this now?!?!?! come on we're brothers :P

that's definately a great drive...if my gf wasn't a big baby i'd drive for our vacation trip to vegas...but back on track, i like the look of the CDC better
Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I think due to the design of the CDC covering the rear it will have better wind blockage.

Also no drilling is best
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Shave her hair off, problem solved. Plus, you save money and she dont have to worry about her hair being a mess after the drive..

If she does not want to do the buzz-cut get the CDC!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
Shave her hair off, problem solved. Plus, you save money and she dont have to worry about her hair being a mess after the drive..
While efficient as a solution, it is not one of the options under consideration
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
While efficient as a solution, it is not one of the options under consideration
haha I know. But I do like that CDC IMO
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

I can totally sympathize with your fiance. One of the main reasons I didn't buy a vert! The CDC wind screen is the one I would go with.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Marky82
2nd Gear Member

One of the sponsors on this board sells them and I think he offers a money back guarantee if you don't like it. Here is the website and his username is FloRida Livin. Try shooting him a PM and ask about it.

http://www.windblockerse.com
Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Marky82
One of the sponsors on this board sells them and I think he offers a money back guarantee if you don't like it. Here is the website and his username is FloRida Livin. Try shooting him a PM and ask about it.

http://www.windblockerse.com
Thanks, already aware of that, but it requires the stock Ford headrests. I have Saleens which are a bit different in shape, and I don't have time to mess around with fitment issues.

CDC seem to be winning hands down. Probably time to start shopping for the best deal.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-23-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Thanks, already aware of that, but it requires the stock Ford headrests. I have Saleens which are a bit different in shape, and I don't have time to mess around with fitment issues.

CDC seem to be winning hands down. Probably time to start shopping for the best deal.
you can always hop around and then see how much American Muscle has them for...they price match now, so you get the lowest price AND free shipping

Quick Reply: Need help with my sex life....