Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Or get the current SVT finned rear cover. It moves the breather to the top of the diff housing, and the axle tube location gets plugged.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Rear-End-Cover
That's sexy but I'm trying to keep any current expenditures on the Mustang below triple digits right now. I still need to get a good outdoor car cover and a winter beater.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Grim
1st Gear Member

The mod bug strikes again! I'm going to put myself into the poor house with this car. Got one of these bad boys on order. Here's to hoping I don't run into any speed bumps or parking barriers!
Attached Thumbnails Mass Chit-Chat-stillen-splitter3.jpg  

Last edited by Grim; 10-15-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Aren't you going to drive your Mustang during the winter? I wouldn't suggest installing that splitter right away (unless you want to make money plowing with it)!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Grim
1st Gear Member

1-800-SNO-STNG

That's what I was thinking when I was originally looking at it a few weeks ago, but it doesn't look like it lowers the front lip by more than a 1/4", and if snow does accumulate there, it's only blocking the lower grill. How much of the radiator's cooling actually occurs from the lower grill?

We shall see once it arrives. When I test fit the lip for the first time, I'm going to make the call as to whether or not I want to wait until spring to put it on.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

It doesn't look low enough that it would be doing much "plowing". If the car is at stock height, I don't think it'll be an issue.

Looks pretty nice from the pic
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HellsBells
I'm going to drive the Mohawk Trail in western Mass next weekend. If anyone is interested let me know!
Still doing this run?, and if so, which day and starting where/when?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
HellsBells
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Still doing this run?, and if so, which day and starting where/when?
It's up in the air right now as I'm trying to get to the track this weekend (you should go too!) and I have a photoshoot to do but it's not scheduled yet. I'd say this is likely not happening this weekend.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i heard it was going to rain this weekend...well friday and saturday there's an 80% chance of rain, don't know how far it will carry into sunday but the roads could still be very wet...who knows
Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
i heard it was going to rain this weekend...well friday and saturday there's an 80% chance of rain, don't know how far it will carry into sunday but the roads could still be very wet...who knows
Weird...Accuweather says showers Fri, but only 25% chance of precipitation on Sat, and 11% Sun...
Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HellsBells
It's up in the air right now as I'm trying to get to the track this weekend (you should go too!) and I have a photoshoot to do but it's not scheduled yet. I'd say this is likely not happening this weekend.
Ah well...

I'll probably head down to the LMMC-CT Fall Cruise on Sunday then. In the mood to cruise one last time this season.

And I think a cool weather track day would just be frustrating with my current tires, and if by some miracle I did hook, it'd be one run before I got the "vert under 13.5 without a roll cage" boot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat