Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

^ that's all that matters...AM has surprised me with so many fast deliveries
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I've alway had good luck with them too, but ordering an item they list as "ships in 5-7 business days" and having it actually arrive in 5 days including a 3 day weeked in-between is above and beyond even for them.

Now if they'd only accidently shipped the megabuck Laguna Seca version with the Torsen
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

The fact they are in PA is what really helps. I'm always amazed how fast things get from A-B.

Case in point is newegg, they have a warehouse in jersey. I ordered something at 5pm one day, no fast shipping or anything. It was at my door the next afternoon.

Shipping is magic.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
The fact they are in PA is what really helps. I'm always amazed how fast things get from A-B.

Case in point is newegg, they have a warehouse in jersey. I ordered something at 5pm one day, no fast shipping or anything. It was at my door the next afternoon.

Shipping is magic.
True, but from what the shipping compant said, it sounds like it shipped direct from Ford Racing in MI. Either way, no complaints.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

You should order from Mustangs Unlimited sometime or just drive there. They are in Northern CT and if you order in the morning it usually comes the next day. It is just over a 2 hour drive from me, so I bet it is closer to 1.5 hours for you guys around Boston.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

pretty sure I saw shad on 95 today
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
You should order from Mustangs Unlimited sometime or just drive there. They are in Northern CT and if you order in the morning it usually comes the next day. It is just over a 2 hour drive from me, so I bet it is closer to 1.5 hours for you guys around Boston.
Not me anyways. They sold me a defective part for the '67 I had at the time decades ago, wouldn't make good on it, and I haven't sent a nickel's worth of business their way since. I know it was ages ago, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day.

American Muscle on the other hand has bent over backwards to do the right thing by customers by my observation.

For instance when they bought out Bamachips, they offered all of the Pre-AM Bamachips customers inclusion in their "free tunes for life" program, but for technical reasons couldn't include X-Charger owners that had purchased tunes through 'Bama. Instead of taking an "Oh well, that was before we were involved attitude", AM arranged a very generous credit for these 'Bama X-Charger customers (including myself). I haven't forgotten them doing the decent thing, even when it cost them money.

You can get parts anywhere, true integrity is a little more rare.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Wow Paul thats pretty sweet!

So FML moment today:
Friday I had the car aligned. Since I finally tossed the new tires on, I could get it to the alignment shop and no longer have wobble on the highway! Place turned out to be pretty cool, and the owner of the place has the following cars:
71 Hemi Cuda
71 440 Charger
72 Challenger.

He's kinda a Mopar guy.

That was Friday. Saturday I head down to the mall to return some stuff, and wouldn't you know it, smooth as silk to 80+! This was awesome, I had forgotten what that car was like on the highway with no wobble and pull to the left.

However, on the way home, a car in the right lane ran over a chunk of tire. Said tire flew over the jeep in front of me, and before I had time to react was under my drivers side tire. After the THUD, guess what, steering wobble was back

Tossed the car on the lift today and the ball joint is shot. I had literally an hour of nice driving, now the car will be parked for a week or so till I get it fixed.

FML
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Jeez...that stinks.... Just an hour?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

That sucks. Where did you get the alignment done?

Oddly enough, I just finished reading Torch's recommendation for GT500 LCAs in the 4.0L tech section:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...placement.html

Time for an upgrade?

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat