Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 AM
HellsBells
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
what driveshaft are we installing this weekend then? :/
I was gonna see if anyone wants one ASAP and just forget about it but if no one gets back to me this week, then that's what we're putting on

I feel like i have too much **** to wrap up this summer so I'm seeing if I can cut down...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HellsBells
I was gonna see if anyone wants one ASAP and just forget about it but if no one gets back to me this week, then that's what we're putting on

I feel like i have too much **** to wrap up this summer so I'm seeing if I can cut down...
Unless you need the cash for something else, I'd just do it. The DSS shafts are awesome, and the install is not complicated/time consuming at all.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
HellsBells
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Unless you need the cash for something else, I'd just do it. The DSS shafts are awesome, and the install is not complicated/time consuming at all.
I am moving so I'm just trying to cut down on parts i'd have to move. Not sure what to do with all my stock parts...I like having them around just in case but I don't want to pay to have movers move em.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HellsBells
I am moving so I'm just trying to cut down on parts i'd have to move. Not sure what to do with all my stock parts...I like having them around just in case but I don't want to pay to have movers move em.
Tough call on the stock parts. You'll probably not need them, *unless* you ditch them
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 AM
CaptainStr8edge
1st Gear Member

2 Things holding me back from taking it off your hands Billy. 1 Is having the cash to buy that, have my cams installed and have Chris do a dyno tune. The second is all my bolts will be rusted and it will take us 10 hours to do the install!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 PM
HellsBells
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaptainStr8edge
2 Things holding me back from taking it off your hands Billy. 1 Is having the cash to buy that, have my cams installed and have Chris do a dyno tune. The second is all my bolts will be rusted and it will take us 10 hours to do the install!
Im surprised your stock DS is not an 8 piece DS yet.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM
RJDavis413
1st Gear Member

The ABS module would be right behind the driver's side headlight. Looks like a hefty block of aluminum with a bunch of steel brake lines connected.

Reason I ask is if you do have ABS, you'll need to transfer the wheel sensors on each side from the old axle. Be VERY careful removing these, they have a metal core with a plastic outer casing which includes the hole for the bolt that secures them. The hole in the axle flange is VERY tight, and once a little rust forms in it they can be tough to remove.

Take the bolt out and spray the area around the sensor with a good penetrating oil. You may have to let this soak and work for a good while. Only try to remove the sensor by gently rotating it a few degrees. add more oil if needed. Do NOT do the "obvious" thing by using the tab the bolt goes through as a prying surface with a screwdriver, etc. It's only plastic, and it will easily snap right off.

People break these all the time. Just be careful and patient.
Checked earlier today and my car does not have ABS. So that makes the install a little easier
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RJDavis413
Checked earlier today and my car does not have ABS. So that makes the install a little easier
Actually quite a lot easier...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 PM
RJDavis413
1st Gear Member

Actually quite a lot easier...
Does your pony have ABS?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RJDavis413
Does your pony have ABS?
Yes, that's one of the reasons I know about being careful about the sensors if present. Fortunately I research the heck out of projects before picking up a wrench, and got mine out without damage (took about 45 min ea though...they were really in there.)

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-03-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat