Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MuffinSpecial
would that eliminate the trumpeting effect that my x pipe likes to make lol
Probably to a significant degree. If by "trumpeting" you mean exhaust drone. it won't totally eliminate it. Pypes systems drone to some degree, that's just life. If you want to completely eliminate it you're looking at going back to factory mufflers or a big $$$ cat-back like Corsas.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 07-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:22 PM
CaptainStr8edge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MuffinSpecial
would that eliminate the trumpeting effect that my x pipe likes to make lol
I put in some m80's mid mounted and they helped the tone quite a bit. They are cheap from american muscle.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:52 PM
MuffinSpecial
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaptainStr8edge
I put in some m80's mid mounted and they helped the tone quite a bit. They are cheap from american muscle.
ya i was going to put some pype violators on first then some m80s depending on the effect
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Probably to a significant degree. If by "trumpeting" you mean exhaust drone. it won't totally eliminate it. Pypes systems drone to some degree, that's just life. If you want to completely eliminate it you're looking at going back to factory mufflers or a big $$$ cat-back like Corsas.
Trumpeting is different and more special then drone. it kinda goes like this:

1800rpm: vroom
1900rpm: vroom
2000rpm: vroom
2100rpm: BLAAAAAAT!!!!!
2200rpm: BLAAAAAAT!!!!
2300rpm: vroom
2400rpm: vroom.

But yes, the M-80's will eliminate the trumpeting.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

A little project I just finished up:

I was getting tired of the flat/matte black paint on my hood grilles not holding up to the sun (chalking and/or blistering) and requiring a repaint almost every driving season.

Decided to do it a little different this year, and applied 3M Di-Noc to the grille slats. It was a real pain as every slat in the grilles is a slightly different length and shape, so I had to create multiple patterns to cut out the Di-Noc appliques, and then putting them in place was "fun" with access to individual slats being blocked somewhat by the adjoining ones.

Overall, very happy with how it turned out:

Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

That came out very nice!

I should be ordering my air to air intercooler on the 26th, and put it in the second week of august. Trying to get a bunch of people to go the NE Dragway on the 14th of August since my birthday is that week. If anyone wants to join me feel free. I'm gonna try and shoot for high 11s. :-)
Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 PM
CaptainStr8edge
1st Gear Member

Looks good!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Well, I think I've made my decision about the car... :/

As you can tell from the face, I'm really set on selling it. If anybody knows somebody looking for a 3v vert, let me know. Those who have seen the car know its clean, and I have the title in hand.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do for the mods on the car. I feel like if I try to sell it privately, nobody would be interested in the mods on the car. However, maybe somebody would? Not sure, looking for some input here, I feel either way de-modding it and selling the mods will net the most profit. If I was trading to a dealer I would definitely de-mod it.

Will I be picking up a GT500 vert as planned? You bet, but now just isn't the time. The way I see it I'd hope to get $20ish for the car (based on local pricing), and then another 3 for all the mods. That gives me 23 in the bank, and I'd save $150/month for not needing a garage.

So over the course of the next year, that's 24 I can put down towards the Shelby, or maybe a house, or maybe both! Maybe I'll wait another year and get a 13, who knows!

I just can't justify a giant lump of money sitting in the garage that I never drive. Its too far to work to commute, only to suck up gas, and every weekend I've been super busy with other things. If I were to DD it, well, I wouldn't of come to this decision. If I were to DD it, I would get the Shelby, because I'd drive it. It would just kill me on gas costs, and driving it in the winter would make me cry inside.

Now, its obvious, but I want to let people know anyway, I won't be going anywhere forum wise, I'll just need a ride whenever we get a date for some sweet cruises!

On the back-burner, for things I'll need when I return to stock, and what part I have on the car that we could potentially swap + cash if you want it

BOLD means they are spoken for.

Mufflers - Borla Stingers, Excellent condition
Manifolds and Midpipe - ARH 1 5/8" LT's + O/R H
Over-Axle pipes - Mine have been cut and have JPC resonators in place - Billy
CMDP plates - I have deletes
Intake - I have a tunable inductions intake
Tailights & stock bulb harness - I have the 2010 style smoked with sequential kit - Kevin
Side-markers - I have smoked ones
Stock shift **** - Have a Grabberpony GT ball, might keep that as a memento! - Mine!

AAAAAND thats all I can think of.

*sigh*

Last edited by S197GT07; 07-09-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Sorry to see your 'stang go, but understandable I guess given the situation. Just dreaming of a GT500 should keep you going for a bit, and you never know, the '15 model could be pretty awesome.

If you do return to stock, I'd probably be interested in the Wotbox if the price was right.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Sorry to see your 'stang go, but understandable I guess given the situation. Just dreaming of a GT500 should keep you going for a bit, and you never know, the '15 model could be pretty awesome.

If you do return to stock, I'd probably be interested in the Wotbox if the price was right.
WOTBOX would stay with me, sorry dude!

Can re-use it, so it'll sit in a pile next to the billet LCA's

I fear the 15's are going to be more tame or less mode-able with all the EPA and CAFE crap going around :/. We'll see!

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat