5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by I_Call_D.I.B.s
Torch, where's the Facebook page?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mustangsofmass/
Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by I_Call_D.I.B.s
As for me, my Mustang was supposed to be under covers, but my Alfa Romeo 164 is down and out. So the Mustang is still out there in the salt, though I have been washing it often.

The Alfa suffered a bent rod:

I'm guessing it was due to hydrolock from a leaky injector. The originals are back in, as well as a new conrod and a crapload of parts, but the car's still not running right. I'm guessing it's a bad idle air control valve, so I have a new one ready to go in. If that works, then all that's left is to track down a coolant leak on the front of the engine that only occurs when the themostat opens (probably something my friend who did the rebuild and I forgot to tighten down). Major bummer because the Alfa ran like a peach before I installed the Volvo injectors. That's the last time I install used injectors.
Sorry to hear about the Alfa. That surely stinks
Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

Sounds like some good winter work Erich! Someday I'll round out with a trio and hope to have a 60-something.

DIBs, how'd you bend that rod? Racing or just driving around town. Looks awful!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
DIBs, how'd you bend that rod? Racing or just driving around town. Looks awful!!
I installed some used injectors from a Volvo S80 (newer Bosch EV6 vs. the original EV1). I think one of them stuck open and flooded the cylinder with fuel, which ended up hydrolocking that one cylinder, because aside from the one rod and some scoring on the crankshaft and bottom of the piston from interference, there was no damage.

The original injectors are back in and the crankshaft now turns all the way instead of stopping where the piston hit the crankshaft. I'm still going to get some EV6 injectors but they will be brand new. I'm not dicking around with used anymore. As much as I appreciate the learning experience, I don't want to tear down the engine again! The Alfa V-6 is a lovely motor but damned if it ain't cramped and complicated!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alpha's rule....

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Just going to sell her in the spring and move on to something else.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alpha's rule....

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Just going to sell her in the spring and move on to something else.
Still haven't sold it? Thought you'd already done so a while back :O
Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Still haven't sold it? Thought you'd already done so a while back :O
I had it for sale, then the wife said she wanted to ride off in it after the wedding, so I took the listing down.

Then after all the dust settled after the wedding, honeymoon, etc, it was middle of November and nobody wants to buy a convertible muscle car with winter looming.

So I'll have it up again soon and try hard to sell in the Spring.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Michael Plummer

Do the owners of Mustangs of Massachusetts have any intention of putting up a web page? Me and my friends attended one of their get together last summer and we had a great time, some really nice cars and great people. Would love to attend more shows and cruises but it's tough getting information about their activity without signing up on Facebook.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Michael Plummer
Do the owners of Mustangs of Massachusetts have any intention of putting up a web page? Me and my friends attended one of their get together last summer and we had a great time, some really nice cars and great people. Would love to attend more shows and cruises but it's tough getting information about their activity without signing up on Facebook.
Good question

Actually, yes they do Michael. In fact a regular type web forum for Mustangs of Massachusetts is already well along in the creation and testing phase. It will be rolled out for general use well before the upcoming driving/show season (likely sometime in Feb)
Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Michael Plummer

Thank you and please keep me and others posted.

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat