Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I asked to join the facebook page. Somebody approve me?

Last edited by Margarita Girl; 02-06-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Grim
1st Gear Member

Whew. Been a LONG time since I've visited any forums. How's everyone doing? I have a pretty big update...one which has the potential to positively affect a few people as well.

Without getting into the big, long discussion about whether or not people agree, I'm really not a fan of how the 2015 looks. I'm sure it will grow on me with time, but I purposely bought my 2013 at the beginning of 2012 knowing that might happen. As such, I'm at a crossroads. Do I wait the few years until the new engines are released for the new body-styled GT, or do I stick with what I love and grab one of the last 2014 GTs out of the factory? It was a tough decision. Because even if I don't love how the new Mustang looks, if it really puts down 500 HP at 30 mpg as is rumored (but who REALLY cares about fuel efficiency in these cars), then I don't really care how it looks. Those would be insane performance numbers. Anyways, I made my decision.

I ordered a 2014 GT last Saturday. I walked into my dealership and made a fairly ridiculous (in my opinion) demand of $500 over KBB for my trade. They settled exactly at KBB value. So with my trade, current incentives ($3K!), the marketing cash which I'll hopefully still get in the mail ($750), and invoice pricing, I'll be walking out the door with almost exactly what I paid for my V6 with the performance package. So I'm essentially just extending my loan by 2 years, but with a brand new 2014 GT.

It'll be almost a carbon copy of my current car (and I can re-use most of the parts!). Black ext, black int, 6 MT.

So here's where you benefit. Obviously the exhaust won't transfer over without significant work, so when I trade my car in, I'll be putting the stock mufflers back on and will be selling my Borla S-Type Axle Backs at half list price. They need some cleaning up, since I drive my car year-round, but they're a year and a half old and still sound like champs. All my other mods (not many) will be transferred over to my new Mustang. I'll be buying the same axle back setup for my GT once it gets in, because I love how they sound.

Hopefully this one doesn't take 13 weeks to get delivered like last time, but I don't mind waiting. I already have a pony in the stable
Old 03-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grim
Whew. Been a LONG time since I've visited any forums. How's everyone doing? I have a pretty big update...one which has the potential to positively affect a few people as well.

Without getting into the big, long discussion about whether or not people agree, I'm really not a fan of how the 2015 looks. I'm sure it will grow on me with time, but I purposely bought my 2013 at the beginning of 2012 knowing that might happen. As such, I'm at a crossroads. Do I wait the few years until the new engines are released for the new body-styled GT, or do I stick with what I love and grab one of the last 2014 GTs out of the factory? It was a tough decision. Because even if I don't love how the new Mustang looks, if it really puts down 500 HP at 30 mpg as is rumored (but who REALLY cares about fuel efficiency in these cars), then I don't really care how it looks. Those would be insane performance numbers. Anyways, I made my decision.

I ordered a 2014 GT last Saturday. I walked into my dealership and made a fairly ridiculous (in my opinion) demand of $500 over KBB for my trade. They settled exactly at KBB value. So with my trade, current incentives ($3K!), the marketing cash which I'll hopefully still get in the mail ($750), and invoice pricing, I'll be walking out the door with almost exactly what I paid for my V6 with the performance package. So I'm essentially just extending my loan by 2 years, but with a brand new 2014 GT.

It'll be almost a carbon copy of my current car (and I can re-use most of the parts!). Black ext, black int, 6 MT.

So here's where you benefit. Obviously the exhaust won't transfer over without significant work, so when I trade my car in, I'll be putting the stock mufflers back on and will be selling my Borla S-Type Axle Backs at half list price. They need some cleaning up, since I drive my car year-round, but they're a year and a half old and still sound like champs. All my other mods (not many) will be transferred over to my new Mustang. I'll be buying the same axle back setup for my GT once it gets in, because I love how they sound.

Hopefully this one doesn't take 13 weeks to get delivered like last time, but I don't mind waiting. I already have a pony in the stable
Congrats on the new ride purchase!

I, for one, am with you on the choice. Love the look of the '13-'14 way more than the '15 at this point.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Grim
1st Gear Member

Oh, and I almost forgot! I'll also be selling my 17" wheels and snow tires (Blizzak WS70s). I won't be able to use those on the GT since the wheels are too small, so someone around here might as well get them for a steal! I've put about 8K miles on the tires and the wheels come with TPMS/lugs/lug adapter. I'm probably going to sell everything for a third of what I bought it at, just to move them.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

congrats on the new stang. I also traded my 07 and got a 14 gt in December, already going mod crazy. hope to see you around this year bud
Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 AM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grim
Oh, and I almost forgot! I'll also be selling my 17" wheels and snow tires (Blizzak WS70s). I won't be able to use those on the GT since the wheels are too small, so someone around here might as well get them for a steal! I've put about 8K miles on the tires and the wheels come with TPMS/lugs/lug adapter. I'm probably going to sell everything for a third of what I bought it at, just to move them.
Congrats on the new ride! Just curious though, unless the GT has Brembos why wouldn't the 17s fit?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Grim
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10KonaBGT
Congrats on the new ride! Just curious though, unless the GT has Brembos why wouldn't the 17s fit?
Well now that you mention it, I probably should test at least one wheel to make sure they don't fit, but most 17 inch wheels won't clear the GT calipers. I've even heard of some Performance Package V6s that have required 18 inch wheels because they started putting in bigger calipers at the factory at the end of the 2013 model year.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Grim
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
congrats on the new stang. I also traded my 07 and got a 14 gt in December, already going mod crazy. hope to see you around this year bud
Now that I put my order in on March 1st, hopefully this time around it'll arrive before the May cruise!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Grim
1st Gear Member

So I just heard about the TracKey coming to 2013-2014 GT's that have a manual transmission. So freaking cool!

I know it's nothing compared to an aftermarket tune, but you get the regular Ford Racing warranty with it. It probably doesn't give you any top end power, but I hear it improves the low end torque along with re-mapping the throttle to actually give you the appropriate response based on input.

Seriously considering it.

Thoughts? Link, for your perusal: http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/523.htm
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Chewbacca

My car is coming out of hibernation on sunday, any meets coming up?

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat