Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Dez Racing Experience..gear installs

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Default Dez Racing Experience..gear installs

Will be getting my 4.10 rear gear installed in the spring. I plan on making the trip to Dez Racing for the install...will be a sorta long drive im in Peabody and they are in Seekonk. I have heard that they actually know how to intall gears without issue. Has anyone viewing this thread also ever dealt with them?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I've heard lots of good things about them, but why not protree?

Only reason I ask, is I'm 99% sure they have this super special tool and they will guarantee no gear whine.

Food for thought.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Don's Stang
1st Gear Member

he blew up my motor on my Lightning at a dyno day back in 2002

He mistakenly unplugged a injector when he hooked up the lead to my coil pack

Though I heard he knows what he is doing with mustangs. I would imagine there are many other places closer

I don't know if they are any good, but there is Viking Motorsports in Wakefield, Ma
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

I've been looking for a good, reasonable performance Mustang shop around Burlington. Wakefield isn't far and I'm there quite a bit so I plan to check out Viking this spring. Seems their Facebook page shows mostly fox body work, but their cars seem to do some good times at the strip. Anyone else have any experience with them?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Don's Stang
he blew up my motor on my Lightning at a dyno day back in 2002

He mistakenly unplugged a injector when he hooked up the lead to my coil pack

Though I heard he knows what he is doing with mustangs. I would imagine there are many other places closer

I don't know if they are any good, but there is Viking Motorsports in Wakefield, Ma
Did they get u a new motor? For free? Hope so! That's crazy, clearly it was their fault
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
I've been looking for a good, reasonable performance Mustang shop around Burlington. Wakefield isn't far and I'm there quite a bit so I plan to check out Viking this spring. Seems their Facebook page shows mostly fox body work, but their cars seem to do some good times at the strip. Anyone else have any experience with them?
What are you looking to have done?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Don's Stang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
The only reason I even know about them is I have been dealing with a guy I know(Anthony) who has been doing all my exhaust work for a bunch of years, He has done my Lightning, and bronco a few times, I keep trying new things, LOL, and installed the system on my Mustang. He is now working for a shop that shares the building with Viking. Thats how I found them. While he was working on my bronco, I saw there sign in the back, so went to talk to them. Seams like they are nice guys, have no idea on the quality of there work.

Though Anthony at Wakefield Auto repair is a great guy for exhaust work
If you need any exhaust work tell him Don sent you
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
What are you looking to have done?
There's a few things I've been thinking about doing. Some I can do myself, others I think would be better left for those with the right tools/experience. Here's some thoughts:
- 85 or 90mm throttle body. I know I can do this myself, but I'm not sure it's worth it.
- aluminum or carbon 1-piece drive shaft. I'm a bit concerned the shimming and alignment, so I think this is better left to pros.
- Maybe some headers.
- lowering springs. probably only 1". Again, concerned about alignment of rear end.
- Maybe watts link?

Also looking for just an all around good shop to review and evaluate where I am at and what else is worth it/reasonable to do. I'm definitely not looking into opening the engine or super charging (yet).
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

A supercharger is easy! Just nuts and bolts!

Only think that looks tricky on that list would be the shimming. Didn't know you guys had to do that with a 1pc.

Headers are fun!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Never been to Dez. I have been to ProTree, although it was for realigning my Fays2 Watt's Link and not a gearing install. They did a good job and even alerted me to the axle breather spitting up gear oil. There was a Fox there with a complete wire tuck into the engine bay frame rails that looked super-sano.

I will be heading back for a street/autocross alignment once I get my Konis/springs/camber plates installed.

Quick Reply: Dez Racing Experience..gear installs