Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2009 Black 4.6L V8 GT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

What type of primer do you use? Is there a certain name like poly____? I am having the "better" primer used on the hood of the GTS3. just curious....we need to meet up after your done with the transformation!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

I'll take some pics of the products we're using tomorrow when I get to the shop. All the products we use are Glasurit products, but I can't remember the actual names, just the product codes for re-ordering lol.

Thanks for the comments! I was a little unsure of the hood looking good with that front bumper before I ordered them, but now that I did a quick test fitting, I think I'll be really happy with it. Only thing that kind of upsets me is, in order to get the functional ram air duct, it's an extra $260 from Cervini's... I've already given them $4K+ for the parts, and they couldn't include that little duct work with the hood? Otherwise, I'm pumped about the whole kit, and can't wait to see it all black!

Alright, another day down... Things that were completed today include: primed and block sanded hood twice, final fitment of hood, hood pins installed, exhaust installed, more prep work on the vehicle itself, some prep work on the smaller parts, shaved the Sirius antenna off the decklid, etc.

This UV primer that we used on the hood and decklid is crazy stuff... Spray it on the panel, put the UV light over it for 3-5 minutes, and it's completely cured to the point of being sandable. It's cool as hell!

The only regret I have about today is that I was so excited about the new exhaust being installed, that we had the car back on the ground and going down the road before I even thought about snapping some pictures of it! The car GROWLS! It sounds so mean, and I can definitely see me getting into some trouble with it...

On to the pictures!

Last edited by howarmat; 10-15-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Cervinis used to use magnaflow which is the same muffler as the pypes......both were polished SS and the sound is awesome.... I love the fact that it exits to the side so you can hear the motor in all its glory....when passing vettes,vipers, or GTO's (esp when going under an overpass or in a tunnel) the sound just bounces off the car your passing..... I have scared the crap out of a few people that were not aware that I was coming!!!!!....so much fun.....!!!! enjoy and I get the point about the ram air....after all that money spent you should have had that "included" as well. I was lucky that I got a 20% dealer discount and applied that to other things. Hell I have the rim and tire package that they dont even offer anymore......and I love these rims!!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

Come on, can't you get this done any quicker!?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:09 AM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

Haha, I'm trying! I've got the hood blocked down, and right now it's in the booth getting the underside painted. After it's baked, it can be put back on the car and the whole thing needs scotch padded/sandfixed and then I can get it in the booth tomorrow evening to get it masked up. Right on track!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Awesome car!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

I love build threads. I wish I wouldve done this with my car. lol
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

No pics from today since I forgot my memory card at home this morning, but the car is completely prepped and ready to be washed and moved in the booth to dry, then get it masked for paint on Saturday... Everything's looking so far, hopefully the next few days go off without a hitch and the car will be able to drive home Tuesday.

I've got, as of tonight, ~48 hours of work at the shop in the last 4 days and an additional 8 hours at the house before I took the car to the shop... So, in total, I've got nearly 56 hours worth of work on this project!

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! I love hearing other people's opinions whether it's good or bad, so keep 'em coming!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

oOxerogOo, you are my idol...

I've been wanting to get this exact setup on my car but the money is just not there. I look forward to seeing the end result man...it should be sick!!!

Keep us updated. I want you to become the picture ***** of the century!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by ht11121991
oOxerogOo, you are my idol...

I've been wanting to get this exact setup on my car but the money is just not there. I look forward to seeing the end result man...it should be sick!!!

Keep us updated. I want you to become the picture ***** of the century!!!
Just keep saving...it will happen if you want it too!!!!!

Quick Reply: My 2009 Black 4.6L V8 GT!!