Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

2000 GT with some new stuff on it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

wow looks a lot better than it did just a couple weeks ago
Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Definitely within the realm of good looks. The next thing I would do is lowering, then Id think about getting rims if I was you. (Not a huge fan of the painted rims... no offense)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

ya new wheels would be nice but no hurry those still look good enough to keep on there while you do other mods
Old 08-27-2009, 05:34 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

No offense taken, and if I had the money I would for sure buy new wheels. In their defense, they actually look much better in person. Here's a better shot of them.

Won't be spending any more money on car until next Spring maybe. Then I'd like to pro-kit springs, replace these old original shocks, and *hopefully* find a deal on wheels/tires.

Thanks for all the comments, except for you THEBLACKSTANG

Just kidding...
Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 PM
StrklyBizness
2nd Gear Member

Speaking of your wheels, did you have them painted? I have the same kind on mine and was concidering doing that to make them either black or gun metal. How much did that run you if so?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StrklyBizness
Speaking of your wheels, did you have them painted? I have the same kind on mine and was concidering doing that to make them either black or gun metal. How much did that run you if so?
Yours look polished up, I'd keep that them way if so.

I painted mine myself, it took me 9 hours though. First I sanded them down and then primed, used duplicolor "graphite" wheel paint and detailed the pony logos after, then clearcoated with the duplicolor clear wheel paint. They've been holding up nicely but I only did it because I hated the original silver color of the wheels and was short on cash and had plenty of free time.

Cost me 20 bucks.

Edit: someone gave the tip of using vaseline on the rubber to keep the paint from sticking - beats the hell out of masking if you ask me. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
StrklyBizness
2nd Gear Member

Yea they are polished but I always wanted them a diff color, id just have to sand them down like you did to strip it. I just may do that thanks for the tips. Just to clerify, you kept the wheels on tha tires and coated the rubber with the vaseline incase of runover?

Originally Posted by reznap
Yours look polished up, I'd keep that them way if so.

I painted mine myself, it took me 9 hours though. First I sanded them down and then primed, used duplicolor "graphite" wheel paint and detailed the pony logos after, then clearcoated with the duplicolor clear wheel paint. They've been holding up nicely but I only did it because I hated the original silver color of the wheels and was short on cash and had plenty of free time.

Cost me 20 bucks.

Edit: someone gave the tip of using vaseline on the rubber to keep the paint from sticking - beats the hell out of masking if you ask me. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StrklyBizness
Yea they are polished but I always wanted them a diff color, id just have to sand them down like you did to strip it. I just may do that thanks for the tips. Just to clerify, you kept the wheels on tha tires and coated the rubber with the vaseline incase of runover?
Well, I actually took the wheels and tires off the car, masked off the rubber with tape and newspaper and painted the wheels inside and out. The vaseline thing was a tip I got from someone on this site after the fact.

If I were you I'd leave them though - yours look good already. It's a HUGE pain in the ***, they WILL NOT come out perfect, and every little imperfection will drive you insane. And when you're spraying something it seems like the harder you try to make it look good, the worse it ends up. I would never attempt it again...
Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 AM
StrklyBizness
2nd Gear Member

ahh i see lol thanks for the honesty. Ill be scrapping that idea then

Originally Posted by reznap
Well, I actually took the wheels and tires off the car, masked off the rubber with tape and newspaper and painted the wheels inside and out. The vaseline thing was a tip I got from someone on this site after the fact.

If I were you I'd leave them though - yours look good already. It's a HUGE pain in the ***, they WILL NOT come out perfect, and every little imperfection will drive you insane. And when you're spraying something it seems like the harder you try to make it look good, the worse it ends up. I would never attempt it again...
Old 08-30-2009, 02:18 PM
fisher2985
2nd Gear Member

u got wheel spacers on the rear? looks good btw. also where did u get the decal for the trunk?

Quick Reply: 2000 GT with some new stuff on it.