Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

How to get into a magazine?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Enter car shows and local events

Go to track days and strip competitions
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Contact the magazine? They have info in 5.0 on how to enter your car. Or ask mellowyellow he has been in one.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

We can make our own magazine and start by giving it to friends and family abd ask them to help spread the word
Old 11-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

This is one of those things, "If you have to ask, it's not likely to happen." We had this discussion w/ some guys from Diesel Power a few years ago at an event. They are looking for something that hasn't been seen before. A pioneer in the community. Now, sometimes the mags do something like a "Daily Drivers" story, but usually it's the same guys or shops getting the stories about their cars/trucks. Knowing someone at the magazine is key. There is NOTHING wrong w/ being in the 'readers rides' section.

Being the first guy to try something that works is definately the easiest way. "Muscle Mustangs Editor, I just installed a 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel into my 2012 Mustang GT. It dynoed at 1200hp and 2000ft/lbs!!! Runs 8 sec 1/4 miles and gets 40mpg!!!! Here are pics. I also did some tastefull body/suspension/interior mods. Cost me $50k and took me 2 years. My car is awesome." (Purely an example....but THAT will get you into a magazine!)

Actually....that example gives me an idea.........anyone willing to 'lend' me $75k???????!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ditty
This is one of those things, "If you have to ask, it's not likely to happen." We had this discussion w/ some guys from Diesel Power a few years ago at an event. They are looking for something that hasn't been seen before. A pioneer in the community. Now, sometimes the mags do something like a "Daily Drivers" story, but usually it's the same guys or shops getting the stories about their cars/trucks. Knowing someone at the magazine is key. There is NOTHING wrong w/ being in the 'readers rides' section.

Being the first guy to try something that works is definately the easiest way. "Muscle Mustangs Editor, I just installed a 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel into my 2012 Mustang GT. It dynoed at 1200hp and 2000ft/lbs!!! Runs 8 sec 1/4 miles and gets 40mpg!!!! Here are pics. I also did some tastefull body/suspension/interior mods. Cost me $50k and took me 2 years. My car is awesome." (Purely an example....but THAT will get you into a magazine!)

Actually....that example gives me an idea.........anyone willing to 'lend' me $75k???????!!!!!!

I don't completely disagree with your first statement... but sometimes it helps to bring your car to our attention. I spend about six hours a day on the forums and I still get surprised by a car every now and then.

I do agree with the rest of what you said though. There are A LOT of nice Mustangs out there. I'm usually looking for something that has a good story behind it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
nerdpros

With a car that looks as good as that you should have no problems getting into a magazine.. that's one sweet ride. Very Clean!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

agreed with the above your car is very nice and would look good on the cover of a magazine
Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
Contact the magazine? They have info in 5.0 on how to enter your car. Or ask mellowyellow he has been in one.
Sounds like a start...
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
theviking

My SVO was in a couple of mags including MMFF last year. I would recommend attending as many major shows and events as you can in your area. Editors and freelance photographers frequently attend these shows and are always looking for new material. As others said it helps to have some a little different and of course a very clean car inside and out.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
michschi
1st Gear Member

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I made some changes.

Name:  DSC_3869.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  DSC_3768.jpg
Size:  152.1 KB

Name:  DSC_3827.jpg
Size:  99.2 KB

Last edited by michschi; 11-11-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get into a magazine?