Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2010 Black 4.6L Mustang GT from Italy

Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Wow! Great looking car!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM
AC 5.0

Nice ride!

I'd love to take my stang and cruise around Europe!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Very nice!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
manuel86it

thanks to everyone! with springtime at the doors i want to upgrade brakes, for sure i'll go for the svt brembos but i got problems with wheels clearance. i love my wheels and i don't wanna put any spacers, is there on the market any good kit that can be mounted with my wheels?

any advice really appreciated!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 AM
manuel86it

Bought them! Sent them to restoration center, once they come back, i'll put on some nice new hi-perf tires : Bridgestone Potenza S001. Once i reload my wallet, ford racing brembos will come!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 AM
manuel86it

detroit rocker camshaft installed!!! what do you think??
here's the video

Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

nice car...damn we have members all over the world...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Brostang

Hello manuel86it, I'm new to the forum. I live in Canada but my brother just moved to Italy and he brought his 2010 Mustang with him. Now he is having a lot of problems trying to get it registered. Can you tell me what make and model number the lights you had to put on the car and how you got the vin on the frame. Thank you
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 AM
Guyroy

Hi

My name is Guy

I have brought my 2010 Mustang from Canada to Italy in Lazio. To get the plates, they (in Frosinone) say i had to add the flashers on the side of the cars and have orange flashers in the back. Ford went tall the trouble of configuring the gorgeous chaser flasher but whatever. i figured i would replace one of the backing (white) lights by an orange and connect them to the other flasher circuit. and adding flashers on the side of the car should be simple enough. So far, this is fairly simple. but they told me i have to change the headlights.

I need help, i asked them what was wrong and they couldn't even tell me. i found out from others that they want half light on low beams (i think).

Anybody can help me?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:24 AM
manuel86it

Welcome in italy! The country where every import car is made different from each other in terms of lights and requirements to get them registered! It could be a pain but i'll try to give you some directions.

- for the VIN in my car i had it stamped on one of the strut tower braces, first ripped off some paint to obtain a raw grey background and them with a hammer and a metal stamp "printed it". the most important thing for them is that the vin stays on a non-removable part of the car. If you look at the passenger side strut support in my hood photo, you'll notice it.

- for the lights, you basically have to add a marker light in the main headlamp, many drill the headlight and insert an additional little lamp, you can reply me "i have already the yellow ones on the lower bumper", but for the euro laws this direction must stay not more far that some cm from the H13 main lamp so that's why many do that.
-then you need to add some side markers, these must stay on space between the side mirror and the middle of the front tire, many do like me (look the lights i've added near the gt badge, you can select one in a common auto shop, mines are from the Opel (GM) Astra model and they're quite nice, or you can mount the 2005-2009 mirror with lights incorporated (unfortunately they don't do it for the 2010-on), and then on the backlights side direction must be yellow, so you had to add them, as well as rear fog lights.

I tried to give you an idea, there is a very clever guy that do this "euro conversions", specialized on Mustang (don't go to the first person available, is very easy to overload one of the lines of the power supply and blow the controllers), everyone (included me) can speaks great things of him. He's got also a website (he also have an activity as american spare parts dealer), it's www.ricambiamericani.com, there you'll find email address and cell phone number, he's from north italy (Padova), but i think he can travel. Or as second options you can go to a specialized agency near Bologna called american vip (www.americanvip.it). Consider that this in any case will have a cost. Call both of them and ask for a quote.
I know personally Luca and i can say he's a true expert, he solved many issues between my friends, he's the reference person for Mustang in Italy for our club, he has service manuals, schemes and know how to work properly.

by the way, i don't know if i'm wrong, but i think that if the car is still registered you have the ability to travel freely for 1 year here, like a tourist. without adapting anything!

Last edited by manuel86it; 11-04-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2010 Black 4.6L Mustang GT from Italy