Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Messin' around with HDR...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 07:09 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, but I assumed that everyone knew what HDR photography is. Here's a definition if you're interested...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

I also used a program called Photomatix which has a wide range of special effects you can add to your photos. I wanted mine to be more on the subtle side. Appreciate the comments!

Here's an example of one of the many special effects you can apply to your HDR photos... more on the extreme side.

Last edited by D'prived; 06-10-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Hot damn those are some great pics. The only thing these shots could use are girls haha. Looks like you did a great job of detailing.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

The car is gorgeous, and so are the photos. Question....what's with the dumpsters? Did Allied pay you for product placement?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by floridafordguy
The car is gorgeous, and so are the photos. Question....what's with the dumpsters? Did Allied pay you for product placement?
Yep... got 3 bucks LOL!!! I just thought I do something different. I had in mind that I was going to try some HDR stuff and I thought the bright blue dumpsters in the background would add some nice color to the photo.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Wow very nice pics! What camera? And your editing skills not only make the car look amazing, but those dumpsters too ;p
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Wow very nice pics! What camera? And your editing skills not only make the car look amazing, but those dumpsters too ;p
Thanks! I have a Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I used Adobe Lightroom and Photomatix Pro to edit.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

good job..its nice to see someone who says I did HDR and not open up to see the pics soo stupidly overdone and just look awful. you did a proper job of not over the top but enough to give a nice dynamic range to the photo.

UGH..I just saw photo on page 2..Stay away from that god awful look..stick with how the first page images are on original post.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Great quality pics! Mustang looks great too!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Norsky

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
t_kurgan

I'm new here, looking to purchase a GT premium within 1 year, digesting the huge amount of data folks have presented here and love the HDR. I wasn't expecting photography in this forum, and glad it's here!

As a photographer, I can see the D50 can produce some great images. Some tips for your next shoot if I may.

1. Use the camera's spot meter in aperture priority mode (use f/5.6 or f/8 ) on the darkest area of the high contrast scene and write down the shutter speed recommended
2. Use the camera's spot meter in aperture priority mode on the brightest highlight scene and write down the shutter speed recommended
3. Switch the camera to manual mode, starting with the dark shutter speed (probably the fastest), take one shot of each opening up 1 stop each shot until you reach the slowest shutter speed.
4. blend those raw into Photomatrix Pro and behold the zero noise image.

You may have 5, 7 or even 9 shots that will take some time to process, but will be worth it, especially the shot with the garbage bins.

Quick Reply: Messin' around with HDR...