Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Falling in love with my '12 GT after a brutal winter

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:23 PM
ezpotato
1st Gear Member

Default Falling in love with my '12 GT after a brutal winter

finally got the ***** to put my summer tires/wheels back on, despite snow forecasted tomorrow (thank god for having a DD)

Got the car in Sept, put it in garage for winter in Oct, drove it 3-4 times over the winter, took it out 2 weeks ago, got mods installed, and today, I put the wheels back on. I got a lot of thumbs ups driving it to the car wash, etc.

Mods:
1) new lip
2) Roush Side Splitters
3) Eibach struts
4) Ford Racing K Springs
5) J and M Rear LCAs
6) ZR Downforce 20s on Vredestein tires (295/255)
7) Foglight covers
8) very low tail light tint
9) intake + bama tune
10) GT500 axle back (getting installing this week)

let me know what you guys think

Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I love it man! You a bit of everything in this ride. Wheels, suspension, exhaust, window louvers, and tint. It's a good thing you're finally going to be able to enjoy it after this crazy winter.

Did you do all of these mods yourself or did the car come with a few? What's your plans for the future with this beast?

Shane
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
ezpotato
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I love it man! You a bit of everything in this ride. Wheels, suspension, exhaust, window louvers, and tint. It's a good thing you're finally going to be able to enjoy it after this crazy winter.

Did you do all of these mods yourself or did the car come with a few? What's your plans for the future with this beast?

Shane
No i ordered most of these items from you guys at AM in the last 4-5 months. I blame you for my empty wallet! haha!

Have only had the car since Sept, and driven it barely due to crap weather in Minneapolis. Put all of them on in the last 2 weeks with the help of a local great dealership (yes, dealership!)

Plans for this car are taking a little back seat. Have a kid coming later this year, which is why i did all these items very quickly, but here's a list of the upcoming items in the near future:

1) rear splitters
2) full exhaust
3) CDC Rear Deck Lid panel
4) track the crap out of the thing and realize what else needs to be replaced (brakes, sway bars, etc.)
Old 03-24-2014, 01:34 PM
bobthemustang

Looks great man!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:46 PM
sdstang
1st Gear Member

Looks awesome.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:22 AM
toastwasteful

Your car still looks great! It is even an eye catcher because of its color and style. It may not be new but it looks like an attractive sports vehicle.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ezpotato
No i ordered most of these items from you guys at AM in the last 4-5 months. I blame you for my empty wallet! haha!

Have only had the car since Sept, and driven it barely due to crap weather in Minneapolis. Put all of them on in the last 2 weeks with the help of a local great dealership (yes, dealership!)

Plans for this car are taking a little back seat. Have a kid coming later this year, which is why i did all these items very quickly, but here's a list of the upcoming items in the near future:

1) rear splitters
2) full exhaust
3) CDC Rear Deck Lid panel
4) track the crap out of the thing and realize what else needs to be replaced (brakes, sway bars, etc.)
Haha well I guess this is a bit our fault...

Tracking the car is always the best way to figure out what to do next. There's a few mods that mods people feel are "the best", but even still everyone has their particular needs or interest. You may find you don't need more power, but would like better handling, or the opposite!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car this season regardless. Winter has just about passed. I think...

Shane