Members Other Vehicles This section is for picture threads relating to members non-Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Got a new car.......... Sort of :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Default Got a new car.......... Sort of :)

Well, I missed the Trans Am so much that I just couldn't live without it. So, when I found out the kid I sold it to wanted to get rid of it, I jumped on it as fast as I could. Needs a minor tune-up and possibly a clutch (Hopefully the system just needs bled or maybe I need an adjustable master cylinder). But, he did get the fuel issue sorted out and has a better street tune on it than what it had before. I'm so excited to have it back again. Too much time and money went into this car to just get rid of it. Now, there's too many fbodies in my driveway though. haha

Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Congrats! I'm sure it feels good to have her back.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats man.. Got any plans for it?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

One of my favorite cars from that era.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

At least that headache of a fuel issue is solved. At least the guy didn't trash it. How does it feel to have it back? Ripped those gears again?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

I always wonder what happened to my previous cars that I sold, and if the new owners take care of them as much as I did, must be a great feeling to be able to get it back.

Badass car man.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Congrats man.. Got any plans for it?
Not really any plans yet. Just to do the tune up and hope that I don't have to replace the clutch
Old 03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
At least that headache of a fuel issue is solved. At least the guy didn't trash it. How does it feel to have it back? Ripped those gears again?
Yeah that fuel issue seemed like it'd never go away. And heck it'd be hard to trash it when he barely put 3000much miles on it. Lol. Feels great to have it back and I've gone through the gears a few times, but the clutch is making it difficult to bang them like I used to. It'll be sitting until I can get it licensed Tuesday though
Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

What kind of clutch issues? Post headers my car isn't usable wot... I keep boiling the DOT 4, need to build a heatshield apparently. Sticking to te floor? Won't shift?

Grats on getting it back... Did he put a new pump in it?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
What kind of clutch issues? Post headers my car isn't usable wot... I keep boiling the DOT 4, need to build a heatshield apparently. Sticking to te floor? Won't shift?

Grats on getting it back... Did he put a new pump in it?
Clutch feels like it's slipping a little at WOT up top, and the pedal gets real soft after going through a couple gears and get's harder to get in and out of gear. It used to do it a little when I had it before, but not as bad as now. Just seems like it's getting real hot or something.

As for the fuel issues, it was a mixture of the ground on the Racetronix fuel pump hotwire kit and he thought maybe the hose coming off the top of the pump was a bit too small.

Quick Reply: Got a new car.......... Sort of :)