Members Other Vehicles This section is for picture threads relating to members non-Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

The 95 Camaro I bought for my Godson

Old 12-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Default The 95 Camaro I bought for my Godson

I know this is for "Members Other Vehicles" and in this case it sort of fits here as I bought the car, but gave it to him as a gift.

I bought a 95 Camaro off eBay with 92,000 on the Odometer. Driven about 5100 miles a year and, other than the 17-18 year age, it looks fantastic, runs good. shifts great, interior is great condition, except for some minor sunfading on the back seat support area which is exposed to the hatch window.

Anyway, I will post some pics of it shortly, but here is a video of him seeing it for the first time. PIC UPLOADED, SCROLL DOWN.

(back story, his parents told him Uncle Gary, bought another new car, which is not something really new as I buy a lot of cars, but he loves the fact i get different cars, so anyway, the video starts as we walk out and then tell him... it's yours.)

Last edited by Gary Ugarek; 12-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

Camaro aside, that is a wonderful thing you did.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nyke
Camaro aside, that is a wonderful thing you did.
I told him when he was 8 or 9 I would get him a car, and yes, I almost bought him a 2013 Mustang V6, but I opted against it and went with this instead.

The look on his face is priceless, and he pretty much was stuck for words the rest of the night.

I wish I could have left it there with him, but I had no transportation home to Philadelphia so I brought it back here. Going to have my mechanic go over it. It needs the rotors turned. i think from sitting they warped badly, but the rest of the car is almost like new. Drives straight, everything works (3rd brake light is out, but thats what a $3.00 part)

Has new tires, fresh fluids, has a heat shield rattle ever so lightly but hey it is an 18 year old car.

Irony in this is the car is older than he is...
Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Very cool! I sat in my first Camaro (same year) just last week, even though it was a v6 and automatic I was very impressed and a thought of getting one went through my mind haha.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doyon
Very cool! I sat in my first Camaro (same year) just last week, even though it was a v6 and automatic I was very impressed and a thought of getting one went through my mind haha.
That is what this is, a V6 3.4L Auto.

Some pics of the car

7/32 Tire tread
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Wow that is in great shape, I want a 98-02 SS.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Looks clean as hell!!!

those hubcaps gotta go!

repaint the steelies black with cop centers
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

The underside is the same way.

I took it into Chevy dealer to have it looked over, they reported back a couple of concerns that would cost about $700 to fix. Stealership price. so probably about $400 anywhere else.

I also had 3rd brake light out, and when it goes out it shuts down your ABS system, GM did the wonderful thing of connecting the ABS system to it, so when it goes out you lose ABS and get the ABS INOP light.

Needs a Pinion Seal
LCA Bushing
Drive Belt aka Serpentine Belt.

The wheels aka hubbies... not my parts to deal with, it is his, since it is his car. Just going to make sure it is as safe as possible. Picked up the belt, will install today. Ordered the LCA with new bushings. Pinion seal will get done by another mechanic.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Marky82
2nd Gear Member

I had a 1995 Camaro in high school and loved it! The serpentine belt is super easy to change on those cars. It used to take me about 15 minutes tops.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Marky82
I had a 1995 Camaro in high school and loved it! The serpentine belt is super easy to change on those cars. It used to take me about 15 minutes tops.

Yeah, I got it done in 20 - 25, but I was also peeking around for a closer look for any possible leaks noone may have picked up on.

I work in QA as my main job, and I am just **** about performing the checks and balances as well as doing the due diligence on anything and everything.

It's my godson, I want him to be safe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 95 Camaro I bought for my Godson