Members Other Vehicles This section is for picture threads relating to members non-Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

72 Cobrajet, not a Mustang though

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:25 PM
SSRFUZZY
1st Gear Member

Default 72 Cobrajet, not a Mustang though

This weekend I pulled out one of my toys to get it ready to play with Monday for the local Ford dealers car show.

I haven't had it out in a couple years and was afraid it may not start. I was right. Besides the low battery, It also had poor starter (drawing to many amps to turn over). So after a trip to the parts house and a few hours changing things out I got it running.

I figured a good brake check was in order to after setting, but was glad to see they were in good working order and just a little surface rust on the rotors and drums which easily cleaned up.

Once all the running and safety factors were taken care of, the kids and I cleaned and polished it.

Then it was time for a road test and blow out a little carbon.

Sure was nice to get her out and run it a bit.

She's all original and came factory with a 351 Cobrajet /4 speed and 9 inch 3:52 positrac, frt disc brakes (not power), sway bar package, Power steering with cooler, full gauge package, and nothing else.

No radio, power windows, locks, a/c. or any other fancy equipment to take away power.

Now she's ready for the show. Not concerned with winning anything (after all I did this one 31 years ago, and it has some flaws from over the years,but still looks pretty good), just going to have some fun and enjoy the smell of some racing fuel.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:13 AM
Dave Severson

What a great old Ford, haven't seen one of them for many years. Thanks for keeping history alive and looking good.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:10 PM
SSRFUZZY
1st Gear Member

People never cease to amaze me.

Out of the 110-120 cars there, the dealer gave away the top 25 awards today and a best of show.

I wasn't expecting anything and was walking around most of the time to try to cool off. I did hear some " WOWS", and "Hey dad it's a Cobrajet" while I was near the car, and struck up conversations from a few old high school friends that remembered the car vividly.

Talking about old times and the things we used to do and get away with is always fun.

As things were winding down at the show I stuck around the car and began putting cleaning supplies way and chairs so we'd be ready to go when the awards were over, when I heard my name called for one of the top 25. I was surprised as there were some very nice cars there today.

So overall it's been a nice Labor day weekend with a pleasant surprise here and there.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Dave Severson

Congrats! A '68 is still on my list of cars that I used to own and would like to have another one!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:12 PM
CrazyDriver14

that's a great looking '68. old Fords are amazing.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:03 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Very nice looking car.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:22 PM
SSRFUZZY
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I don't get her out as much as I'd like to as I'm always building cars for someone else. Doesn't leave a lot of time for me to play.

We are starting on my son's mustang this year. At the rate he works it'll take a while to get done. I already told him I'll help and teach him what he needs to know but he's gonna be doin the work and painting.