Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Mustang Majulius - Fresh wash & wax, new Bullitt rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Mustang Majulius - Fresh wash & wax, new Bullitt rims

Well today I finally, after owning the car for nearly a year, removed the door ding strips! I gave it a good washing and waxing which took me a total time of about 4.5 hours!! The only things I've done to the car so far are:
-17" Bullitt rims/tires
-3" Shorty Antenna
-K&N Air filter
I hope to do more when my budget allows for it
The light wasn't "superb" today and I'm no professional photographer so here's the pics I took (*there are quite a few*):

Last edited by maxshuty; 05-29-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Good lookin' ride.

Ya know, I wouldn't take your appearance mods too far. You've got a cool blank slate kinda look going on, and I'd work off of that idea. Here are my budget mod ideas for ya:

1) Get yourself a roll of chrome SUV door ding trim (probably the same stuff you had on your doors) and wrap it around the outer edge of your grille. The cheapest mod I did, and it made a world of difference to the look of the front end. See my pics for reference.

2) Now to continue the white/black/silver scheme that your car has, I'd get some clear turn signal lenses on the front. I never really saw much point to these, on most cars, I don't think they're that much of a dramatic difference usually, but in your case I think it would really set off the whole front end. This is the priciest of my suggestions at a little over $100 from what I found.

3) The magnetic blackout panel for your trunk. Not the honeycomb one, too flashy, just the flat black one. It would mirror what's going on up front nicely. The temptation would be to get the chrome bezels for the taillights, but so far I haven't seen one car that I've liked them on.

Yeah, I know you didn't ask for suggestions or anything, but I couldn't help myself. You've got a good looking car, and it sounds like you want to do some more mods, but you're working on a tight budget, so I figured I'd throw some ideas your way.

Here, did some photo choping:

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Nice photoshopping! I really like the blackout panel in the back. I was planning on getting one but couldn't decide between the honeycomb or not, well I think my mind is decided... I like the flat black one! I saw your car when you posted it with that chrome in the front! It gives it that "Bullitt" appearance -- looks really nice. I was thinking about doing the same thing after I saw yours heh. How does that stuff stick on the front though? And how hard would it be to remove if I wanted the old look back (the look I have now)? I was debating on those clear turn signals or not. I like them but I haven't seen them in person.
As for chrome taillights -- just not my cup of tea!

I found some rear blackout panels for $25... they come in flat black or gloss black. What should I get it in?

Also I had someone do a chop of what it would look like with side scoops:

I'm definitely getting those sometime!

Last edited by maxshuty; 05-28-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

The chrome trim just kinda grabs the edge of the grille, no adhesive or anything. It's like a plastic tube with a slit cut along the length of it. Was the stuff you had on your doors chrome? Probably the same kinda stuff.

Takes like less than five minutes to apply. You can probably apply it without taking your grille off, but it's much easier if you remove the grille first, which is way easier than you'd think. The trim can be removed in about 3 seconds and it's like it was never there.

If you're considering it, I'd say give it a shot. I got mine for like $6.

For the record, I can't take credit for the idea, I've seen a few people do it on this forum before.

Like I said in my last post, I think your car has such a cool clean look now, I'd keep the mods subtle. If there's anything else I'd suggest, it might be a chin spoiler... maybe.

Last edited by digitalcos; 05-28-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

What color rear blackout should I get? Flat black or Gloss black? I think in 8 bit colors so I have no idea what the difference is.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

i vote flat black. and definitely get the clear front turn signals, i love mine and they really make the front end stand out

oh and you should tint the windows

Last edited by AMoRT; 05-29-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

WOW ITS THE LAST DAY OF IT LOOKING LIKE THAT! MY MOM JUST CAME YELLING IN THE HOUSE SAYING "MAX! I BACKED INTO YOUR CAR!!" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The front end isn't dented, but it's all scratched to heck! This was literally five minutes ago! Im about to flip out!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:35 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn... are you kidding me?!

See how she waited til after Mother's day to pull this.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I just got done bugging a lot of it out and using touchup paint. It would be good again except there is a gash on the right side next to the license plate from her trailer hitch.
Anyone know what a v6 Front bumper costs? how much cheaper is it than a GT front bumper?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 PM
TheHighlander
2nd Gear Member

That sucks dude! Wow.

Quick Reply: Mustang Majulius - Fresh wash & wax, new Bullitt rims