Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2009 Silver V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
cadillacflow
1st Gear Member

Default My 2009 Silver V6 Mustang

Hello,

First off, I LOVE the site. This is my first Mustang and I've learned so much in the few day's I've been on here.

I bought this brand new on 5/22, and I love it so far. It's a manual trans. I went in to get a 2010 or a 2009 GT, but they gave me such a good deal on this I could't pass it up. I'm not really a speed demon so getting a V6 didn't really bother me in the end, not to mention the back of the '10's didn't look all that great to me.

Can't wait to start putting mods on it. Here's my list of things to do (in order) and I would love to hear any suggestions. And I would also love to see any cars my color with rims, etc.

1. GT take off dual exhaust. DONE
2. Some sort of 17" or 18" Mustang take off rims. Or possibly some black rims with a chrome lip. DONE
3. Spoiler NOT GOING TO DO ANYMORE
4. Street scene grill with fog lights
5. Possibly tint the windows.
6. Possibly get a racing stripe and scoop on the hood.

Update. (Had to take a pic with my cell phone and it's about to rain).

-Got my GT take off exhaust, only have 1 side installed but sounds 1000 times better.
-Got my 18" GT500 take offs.

Last edited by cadillacflow; 07-02-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: add updated picture
Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Nice car! Definitely get the Bullitt rims! I had those same rims as you for a year then I got the bullitts! The bullitts are soooo much better, and actually get a lot better traction. Sell yours while they are new and you'll easily get $300+ for them... mine had 36K miles, two curb rashes, and other knicks and I sold 'em for $300 and picked up some Bullitts for $425 with shipping so I got a steal, search and you'll find a similar deal.
A lot of people enjoy the spoilerless mustang. When I first got mine I really wanted a spoiler but now the only spoiler I would ever get is a GT500 spoiler, but it really does look nice without them IMO.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Nice start....17" Bullitts on sale at Buyfordracing.com for $399 to your door! ...Good luck!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

sweet car, i like the way our cars look without a spoiler, but its not my car.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
cadillacflow
1st Gear Member

Thanks. And I think ya'll are right about no spoiler. Everyone told me not to put one on, and I never really was a fan of spoilers, but I just thought something looked like it was missing in the back.

Did some searching today and looks like I'm about to have a few of my first mods taken care of this week....

Just won some GT take-offs from ebay, hopefully those will be here and put on this week.

And I just found some 2005 18" GT rims on craigslist for $300 so I'm gonna pick those up tomorrow. Any idea how much it costs to switch the TPMS sensors?

Now, I just need to decide on the type and color of the stripe. Right now I leaning towards 1 big "outlined" stripe on the hood only. Can't decide between white or matte black. Suggestions?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

TPMS need no switching unless the new rims dont have TPMS, otherwise it's like $60 I think. Matte black all the way.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

I will have my stock GT exhaust up for sale soon..

nice car man
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

How much Tony?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxshuty
How much Tony?

just got my BoomTubes on tonight. SOUNDS AMAZING.. so i have the GT axle back in a box.. make offers..
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
cadillacflow
1st Gear Member

Matte Black stripe it is. I think I'm going to do a bigger one on the hood only though.

And I went to get those GT rims yesterday, and they was a little rougher than the guy said they was, so I'm still on the look-out for some rims.

Tony, if I wouldn't have already bought some off ebay I would have gotten them from you.

Quick Reply: My 2009 Silver V6 Mustang