Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Winter/Night shot.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:50 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Default Winter/Night shot.

Stuck driving a GT with bald tires in the winter... and not happy about it and not financially able to correct it.

But I thought I'd share a pic anyway.

Was WAYYYYYYY darker than this on the road, taken around 10pm. 8 second exposure on a monopod.

Edit: Did some post processing.. I dig it kinda.

Last edited by reznap; 02-06-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 AM
nepopolus

better pic then i was expecting for a winter shot like that,i cant imagine how terrible that car is in snow, i tried to drive my mustang in snow 1 time i almost got it stuck in my driveway(lol drag radials)
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Nice pics. In my normal path I have a minor hill to get up as I leave work and I couldn't make it up it. It was fun trying though!!!! My coworker was laughing at me. Needless to say I had to go backwards and take a detour. Fun stuff.

Then when I finally made it home, yet another incline to make it to the driveway and the third time was a charm......

I need new tires too, enough tread to make it through summer hopefully.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Nice pic and i know what you mean about driving a stang in the snow ..I have 2 and thats all we have to drive ...( though i havent had trouble driving the stang in the snow )
Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I like the first one best.

What DSLR are you using?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I just checked the EXIF on it, looks like your using a Finepix S1500.

Whenever I see someone say they used a monopod or tripod or long exposure I usually think they have a DSLR because most P&Sers just give up if the pic takes too long and usually never try a monopod. :P

Cudos on the shot again, I think you ought to check out a DSLR if you havnt already

I use a Canon 1D Mark III, thats what my sig shot was taken with. I love the hell out of it.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Rez, I edited your photo, tell me how you like it.
There is only so much that I can do with such a small picture, PM me and I will give you a step by step on how to edit this photo in PhotoShop.

And of course you can keep these and if you dont want me posting edited versions that is fine too.
I am a regular over on a Canon Forum and editing photos is just what we do over there. :P

Can you tell that I love photography?

Original Top to edited bottom.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Shooting in RAW format gives you the absolute most control over your photo so that you can edit the exposure and white balance among other things before the photo is converted to a jpeg and extra information gets thrown away in the conversion.

I think you have a good taste for setting up a shot, post some more of your work.

-Eric-
Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
Shooting in RAW format gives you the absolute most control over your photo so that you can edit the exposure and white balance among other things before the photo is converted to a jpeg and extra information gets thrown away in the conversion.

I think you have a good taste for setting up a shot, post some more of your work.

-Eric-
Thank you very much for the comments. Stuck with the s1500 for a while, would like a dslr, I like the 40D... no money right now and I need tires more, lol. Anyway, coming from someone who shoots with a 1D, anything positive means a lot.

I'd shoot in RAW but the camera doesn't let me, fine JPEG is the best I can do. Also 8 second exposure is the max, and the sensor isn't as good/big as a DSLR body also, among many other things. Still it's a good practice camera.

Instead of posting pictures here that nobody cares about, I'll just put a link to some of my recent pics.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/p...ap-camera.html

It's a new hobby of mine (and I have a LONG way to go before snapping anything decent) but I find it really enjoyable.

Last edited by reznap; 02-06-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
JCstang01
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winter/Night shot.