Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Project Amazing Grace-Reveal of A "Soldier's Dream"

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Default Project Amazing Grace-Reveal of A "Soldier's Dream"

Some of you may have read or posted on my other thread that I have been keeping going tracking the restoration of Cpt. Raymond D. Hill II's 1965 Mustang.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...ers-dream.html

We now have a reveal date if you don't want to read the entire 28 pages of the post. It is April 3, 2010 in Modesto, California. I am posting a flier of it for those who are intrested. If you have any questions email me at rodnamy@sbcglobal.net.

Rod

Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

3 weeks

Last edited by twotone64; 03-10-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

just a little over two weeks to go... I hope as many people that want to make it can go. please spread the word.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

man I have to have this done in 7 days, I have to get the front end alignment done on wednesday and then interviews on thursday and get it to the armory on friday. We got most of the electircal done. Need to connect the temp and oil sensors after soldering new tips on. We put in some royal purple today for the engine, then Peak 50/50 antiefreeze tomorrow and get some Type F trans fluid then we can start it after buttoning up the interior it should be ready to start on monday.

We have the under seat speaker wires to connect to the stereo and then connect the hot and switched power wires and put sill plates in. We ran into a problem with the repop sill plates they werent even close to fitting correctly, so one of my students is allowing me to borrow his just for the day if I dont get the replacements that Scott Drake is sending me. I will be returning the others back to their originator this saturday and pick up something else in its place, maybe with new OE style sensors.

This past monday my father, my brother, Ira Myrick and I went and met with the National Guard commanders to get everything set up for that saturday and find out where things will go and where we will be placing the Mustang. They are really looking forward to the culmination of this project as much as the rest of us.

The Modesto Bee newspaper will be interviewing me on Tuesday to put the story in the Paper on Thursday.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

its tomorrow...
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

updates?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

It went awesome we had nearly 25 other Mustangs from the different mustang clubs, we had about 45-50 cars show up and quite a bit of spectators. The girls showed up and had absolutlely no idea what was going on. We had a coupole of people speak that new Cpt Hill from the MIlitary and then I spoke of why we were here (dancing around the actual subject) and introduced Cpt Hill's daughters and Widow then introduced my students. The daughters were kinda wondering why I introduced the class. I had them stand behind the girls and Cpt Hill's best friend from college brought out the Mustang. There were A-LOT of joy filled tears. The daughters and his widows took their time checking it out and doing a couple of interviews then when the event was over we took a long slow ride out to the cemetary where Cpt Hill was laid to rest.

Long and slow because the car had some transmission problems. It had no reverse nor full Drive gear only 1/2 and park. The trans guy is going to make the repairs while the trans is in the car but said he would make it right, I think a band is out of adjustment. The reason I didnt post any pictures over the weekend was because directly after the cemetary trip the entire family went on a camping trip. We had about 19 family members that went on the trip and we had no time to get stuff done. As soon as my wife gets home with the lap top (with the card reader) I will post lots of pictures.

There were a couple of newspaper articles about it, one on thursday:
http://www.modbee.com/2010/03/31/111...ghters-in.html

and one on Sunday, but I cant find the on line version of it. We have a copy of the print version but not a link to the online version.

And here is another:
http://www.turlockjournal.com/news/article/3566/

More updates to come.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Trying to figure out how to put the radio interview off of face book. It is located at KATM Modesto DJ walker in the Morning vidoes if you are a face book user.

Here are some pictures I saved from my brothers mobile uploads to facebook:

detail time

setting up

some of the cars early in the morn.

Surprise

The oldest in the drivers seat

two VERY happy girls
Old 12-10-2011, 11:45 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Finally made it into Mustang Monthly, January 2012 issue. Page 16. Thanks to everyone and Jim Smart at Mustang Monthly.