Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Mustang Week 2010 Car Show

Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Week 2010 Car Show

Wow, someone's slipping. Mustang Week 2010 at Myrtle Beach ended a few days ago, and I didn't see anything posted in here yet! The week was an absolute blast, and to see that many Mustangs in one spot is just downright awesome.

I got into a ton of rain on the way down on the 17th, and the cleanup for Friday's car show was a real pain. At least I found some shade to stay somewhat cool during the cleaning though. I thought I stood a decent chance at an award of excellence, as roughly half the cars wind up with one. However, I was absolutely floored when I pulled in the top spot for 2005-2009. I didn't expect that in the least!

I know I was far from the being the most flashy car there, as some of the custom paintwork was off the chain. The field was capped around 300 cars in regards to judging, and I'd guess that close to a quarter or third of that was probably 2005-2009 although I have no actual breakdown. The competition was extremely tough. Some the money these guys have spent is unreal. However, the judges placed emphasis on being clean, and I guess that's where my hard work paid off.

Below is a link to some of the pictures I took while down there, and if anyone here didn't make it this year, you should certainly be looking at attending next year. It's the perfect event for a Mustang fanatic!

http://picasaweb.google.com/erichege1970

Edited: Changed Link

Last edited by Misbehavin; 08-05-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Thanks for sharing the albums!!! ....nice pics!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Superbender
1st Gear Member

Iwanted to go sooo bad,great pics thanks for sharing,your car is sweet congrats
Old 07-31-2010, 07:26 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very cool pics, thanks for sharing
Old 08-01-2010, 10:00 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

thanks for sharing
Old 08-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Glad you enjoyed them. For anyone wanting to know, they just put up the dates for next year. It'll be July 18th-24th in 2011, and it's never too early to start planning!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

So, for someone who has never been before - what advise would you have for someone considering going next year? Where to stay. How to get there. etc

Not sure if I'd drive the car all the way or fly in for the weekend to see all the cool cars and events.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Ranzo
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks for sharing with us. Always love these.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
So, for someone who has never been before - what advise would you have for someone considering going next year? Where to stay. How to get there. etc

Not sure if I'd drive the car all the way or fly in for the weekend to see all the cool cars and events.
Depends upon what you want in a place to stay. A large group tends to stay at the Holiday Sands South. However, it didn't appeal as much to our needs. The parking garage exit is not the best for lowered cars, and as I was showing I didn't want to use their outdoor lot.

The wife and kid wanted a nice pool, lazy river, water slides, etc. So after doing a little research, we stayed next door to the Holiday Sands South at the Compass Cove. It was a little more expensive, but better for our needs as a whole regarding the parking and pools. They'll be a ton of Mustangs out and about, regardless of where you stay. I heard 3000-4000 in the Myrtle Beach area thrown out several times but I'm not sure of an official count (nor do I know how an official count could be done outside of counting who shows up at an event which doesn't account for everyone).

We are looking at staying a little further north next year, to try and be more centrally located to all the events. We have already made reservations, at unless something changes we'll be at a sister resort to the Compass Cove called the Breakers. we're going back down over Labor Day, and will tour the Breakers to confirm we want to stay there next year.

FWIW, many hotels offer a discounted rate for Mustang Week. If you are not familiar with the area, you can find a helpful list of choices here:

http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2150

Last edited by Misbehavin; 08-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang Week 2010 Car Show