Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

2013 Race Red GT Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Steelios

Default 2013 Race Red GT Mods!

Hey everyone,

Well, I had my Race Red 2013 GT stock for a whole three days before the mod bug took over and I turned to Classic Design Concepts to begin the process on my new Mustang.

On Friday, I installed the new CDC Performance Grille and the RTR Spoiler. I'd love to hear what you guys think! Next I'd like to either do a 1.5" drop or some GT500 mufflers. Thoughts?

A few shots in my driveway next to my brother's Grabber Blue GT:

Then a few professional shots taken by the guys at CDC!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

I gotta say that is HOT!! I love that Race Red! CDC Grille is looking great! Want the same thing but gotta change that lower mesh portion. Maybe Roush or even CS/GT.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

So did you get a concept grille? They said those won't be available to the public until the 17th. Whenever they finish the lower grille section that should complete the look on the front. I like it.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Steelios

Originally Posted by Jay_C123
I gotta say that is HOT!! I love that Race Red! CDC Grille is looking great! Want the same thing but gotta change that lower mesh portion. Maybe Roush or even CS/GT.
Thanks Jay! I almost settled for a black '13 and decided I loved the Race Red far too much so I kept looking...then I found this one! I'll probably buy the Roush lower grille if they offer it separately.

Originally Posted by 1slow67
So did you get a concept grille? They said those won't be available to the public until the 17th. Whenever they finish the lower grille section that should complete the look on the front. I like it.
I work for CDC so I was the first personally owned Mustang to get a Performance Grille. What I have should be exactly what gets released on the 17th! I do agree, the lower grille could use a swap now to complete the look. Glad you like it
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

And I am going to take a guess and say that you are CDCJake on The Mustang Source?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Steelios

Originally Posted by 1slow67
And I am going to take a guess and say that you are CDCJake on The Mustang Source?
Haha yes And CDC Jake on MF as well. I figured a personal account for my actual vehicle would be more appropriate.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
B.Richards
1st Gear Member

Lks like those fish that swim around with there mouths open. O
Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Love the grille, not sure about the RTR. The flat black doesn't seem to flow.

Either way it's a good lookin' Stang.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

My biggest concern I guess would be with a wide open grille, what is going to stop road debris from making swiss cheese out of your now exposed radiator?

I like the more open look (sort of), but with nothing to deflect pebbles or small road junk I'd be afraid of even getting on the highway. As the design company, what are your thoughts on that?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Steelios

Originally Posted by Cristoff
My biggest concern I guess would be with a wide open grille, what is going to stop road debris from making swiss cheese out of your now exposed radiator?

I like the more open look (sort of), but with nothing to deflect pebbles or small road junk I'd be afraid of even getting on the highway. As the design company, what are your thoughts on that?
I make regular drives on the highway when I'm heading out to Woodward Ave. to cruise on the weekends and I'm not at all concerned about road debris. I typically want to stray away from comparisons with the 2013 GT500, but it features the same open mouth design and Ford isn't concerned about road debris entering the GT500's stock grille.

I'll keep everyone updated on the condition of my radiator, but I can confidently say that I'm not worried about road debris while driving on the highway...and I do a lot of that.

Thank you all for the comments! It's great to finally have a Mustang of my own to post here and be proud of

Quick Reply: 2013 Race Red GT Mods!