Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Mustang Week 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Week 2013

Here are some of my pictures from Mustang Week. I only went for Friday & Saturday and had a total blast!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99188035@N06/

And for your amusement, I have a quick outline of the not so great moments from my trip:

Friday:

1) I gave the Mustang a quick detailing and headed out for Mustang Week.
2) Stuck in a Construction Zone about 30 minutes into my drive to Mustang Week. Sat parked for about 45 minutes.
3) Drove through about 3 monsoon grade storms on my way up to Myrtle beach.
4) Spent about an hour trying to get into the mall parking lot. I contemplated peeing into a McDonald's cup for about 59 of those 60 minutes.
5) Drove around the mall about 7 times trying to park anywhere. I ended up parking at a hotel a few cities away from the show.
6) Joined a conference call from work on my vacation day, it ran over in time of course, only because my bladder was about to explode.
7) Snuck into the hotel for a pee call. Thanks Fairfield Hotel!!!
8) Dropped about 5-7lbs walking to the show in 100+ degree + 100% humidity weather.
9) Hit the show until heat exhaustion and the thought of walking all the way back to my car, parked in the next state over, made me leave for the day.
10) Made a horrible mistake of cruising down Ocean Blvd to get to my hotel during the daytime. Never EVER attempt this drive on a Friday afternoon.
11) Stood in line to check into my four star hotel for about 1.5 hours. Whoever had to wait to check in at a hotel?!
12) Spent about 1-2 hours riding the only working elevator and getting off on the wrong floor every single time. L-G-F-1 WTF?!
13) Found the hot tub on one of the L-G-F-1 floors and recharged my batteries for a bit.
14) Spent a few hours cleaning up my Mustang for the Saturday show. As soon as I finished, the hotel next door started a fireworks display that covered my car with all kinds of crap…
15) Gave up on Friday and had a “few” drinks.

Saturday
1) Woke up to what I thought was a Hurricane. I forgot that I had left my sliding door open on the balcony and it was only “calm” ocean sounds that I was hearing.
2) Sat in the hot tub for about an hour to recuperate from my “few” drinks the night before.
3) Checked out of my hotel and found one of Myrtle Beach’s 500+ breakfast only restaurants. Awesome omelet breakfast!!!
4) I punched in “car wash” into my Galaxy S3 beta Map app and ended up in the middle of some industrial area of Myrtle Beach that did not have a single car wash.
5) Gave up on the beta Map app and headed towards the Mustang Week show.
6) Found a car wash and I just about ripped off my front chin spoiler pulling into their lot.
7) Spent a few hours re-detailing my car for the show in a nice shady spot behind the Fairfield hotel I found on Friday.
8) Pulled into line to park for the Saturday cruise-in. Thank goodness I did a quick pee call at the Fairfield after learning my lesson on Friday!
9) Police cars interrupt the parking line to bring in the Fox body mustangs, I am blocked out of the main line and the left line and pushed over into the far right lane.
10) I quickly find that the far right lane is not part of the show, and I have to re-circle the entire mall and re-enter the parking line all over again.
11) I see crazy storm clouds on the horizon and joke to myself that it will let loose as soon as I get parked.
12) I get into the show and get parked. Roll the windows down just in time for the storm to hit…
13) Roll the windows back up and run over to the Steeda tent to ride out the monsoon storm. Thanks Steeda!!!
14) The storm ends and I clean my Mustang yet again for the who knows how many $@!$!% times in the last 48 hours...
15) I buy a hat from Roush when I feel my face is approaching lobster red in color.
16) I didn’t win any cool prizes so I hit the road home.
17) Hit four monsoon grade storms on the way home.
18) Barely avoid being killed repeatedly by a texting driver, he is driving a $500.00 car with $5000.00 wheels/tires and he required full use of both hands to text in the monsoon storm…
19) Arrive home safely with a completely filthy Mustang (again)!
20) This story was posted while applying Noxzema to my lobster red face/neck…
21) I can't wait for next year's event!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

I almost forgot: If you own a blue convertible Mustang, would you PLEASE move off the mall road!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

sounds like a wonderful time...sorry i missed it.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

lol...nice outline of your Friday & Saturday at Mustang Week....all & all, I bet it was awesome seeing all those cool cars!