Well it took a little "modification" of the rear deck lid. I basically laid a template of the 6x9 on the bottom of the rear deck lid cover. When you flip it over there are little holes that let the sound from the stock speakers through. So i just laid the template as evenly across those as i could and used a box cutter with a fresh blade to cut through. Then i did a fit test and trimmed as needed. Once that was done i took the speakers and lined them up as best as i could from the bottom and marked spots for the 4 screw hole and drilled them through the metal part of the deck lid. I used a drill bit about 1.5 times bigger than the bolts i was using. That was pretty tricky as if you are too far off the speaker wont line up right but as long as its pretty close you should be ok. Then i used some 2 inch long (small) bolts/nuts/washers that came with the alpine 6x9's. The diameter of the bolts were small like screws but since i made the holes bigger it allowed me the move them around to go through the holes. The nuts and washers made up the difference. And with nuts on the bottom side i was able to tighten down very snug and really pull it all together. It sounds bad but seriously it wasnt that hard. And the sound is outstanding! Just to make things even more difficult i used foam baffles to isolate the 6x9's from the trunk so my subs wouldnt distort the sound of the 6x9's or worse damage them. Its a very cheap thing to do that makes a big difference in sound and performance. They can be bought from Crutchfield or any audio store should have them. Hope this helps and if you want some pics i can send some to you if you like.