Michigan Regional Chapter Chapter President: MYGT500

Looking for a painter in SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

Default Update!

Sorry it took me so long. I've decided to stick with this painter. I spent about an hour last week talking to him & he instilled me with some confidence. He explained how hard it would be (& expensive) to paint the color I had picked out. It was a house of Kolor candy brandiwine. He explained that 3 stage paints are harder to paint than normal colors. He wants to paint my car with everything off, doors, fenders, hood, ground effects, & hatch. But if I stuck with the 3 stage he would have to paint the car with everything on it & it would still be harder & time consuming.

So I eventually picked a color that was kinda close to the brandiwine. Then when I talked to the painter last week he threw around some more ideas for color & I'm changing my mind again.

The reason it's taking so long is (1) to keep cost down & (2) they are making sure the body is perfect. The painter told me that this is the most important part & I agree. The body was perfect when I brought it in (no rust, maybe a dent or 2). So they have a great base to start with.

When I was there last week the hood & fenders where off & he was getting ready to prime them.

I'd post some pics but there is a stupid rule about posting 50 times, even though I've been a member for almost 3yrs!

Last edited by stangoutlaw; 08-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Powered by Ford

Originally Posted by ldk59
And they are located where?
Reiter's Metalcraft Inc
150 S. Rose Street / Mt.Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: (586) 954-9888
Fax: (586) 954-3039

http://www.reitersmetalcraft.com/
Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Live Wire
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Powered by Ford
If you want top-notch quality go to Reiter's Metalcraft. My father's 65 is there now and these guys are bar none.
Interesting. I'm sure they'll do a nice job, but short of "full car restorations", they don't even list painting as one of their general services.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:46 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

Default FINALLY! I"M GETTING SOMEWHERE!

UPDATE, ok I can finally post pics! Well it's been a few weeks since last update, but after a slow start things have moved a little faster. I went to the shop on friday & the body was painted along with the hatch. There gonna spary by bumpers, doors, fenders, & ground effects this week. Then they will start assembly. So after some hesitation I'm glad I stuck with these guys. They were very maticulous when it came to the body & the body was just about perfect. No rust, no dents (no huge noticable ones), & replace 1 fender because I dented the character line. And the guy who painted it found the color I was looking for! So when I went in there on friday I was to see the body I was just so happy & excited. So here's some pics of what I got so far.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m1.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m2.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m2a.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m3.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m4.jpg  

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

Default more pics

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m5.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m6.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m7.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m8.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m9.jpg  

Old 09-04-2011, 11:50 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m10.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m11.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m12.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m13.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m14.jpg  

Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

the pics don't do it justice
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m15.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m16.jpg   Looking for a painter in SE Michigan-m17.jpg  
Old 09-10-2011, 12:15 PM