Default RE: Detroit What?!

i live part time in eastpointe
Old 11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: 7STANG
That sounds pretty sweet and probably a little expensive! I am kind of torn about what I am going to do next. Here are a few of the options I am looking at.

1. Black Stripe Kit
2. Paint my bullets black to match the stripes.
3. 4:10 FRPP gears
4.One piece driveshaft(JimC seems to love his).
5. O/R H Pipe
The stripes would be a big improvement. I personally like white stripes on red the most. I'd like to get the black DD bullitts but if you paint yours I'd like to take a look at yours first. I like my Spydershaft. It makes the car quicker by reving more freely. I'll keep the stock exhaust. After-market exhausts don't improve the S197s performance, just the sound.

Why don't you put your car in your sig? Do you have any good photos?
I agree with you about the white stripes but every Torch Red I see has the white stripes. I thought it would look cool with the balck stripes and rims. Your car would look sick with black rims.[8D] There have been a few posts about guys painting there Bullits with good results soI thought I might try it or have my neighbor do it (he has a gun and compressor and used to paint cars). I will let you know when I do it.
I am with you about the exhaust, The O/R - H was just a thoughtand probably will NOT happen. I love the sound of the stock exhaust with the CAI. I met a guy who has the SLP Loudmouths and I thought they sounded like crap.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:46 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

That sounds pretty sweet and probably a little expensive! I am kind of torn about what I am going to do next. Here are a few of the options I am looking at.

1. Black Stripe Kit
5. O/R H Pipe

I would post some pics but my wonderful teenage daughters destroyed my digital camera and my laptop at home, somehow they wiped out the registry. Probably there 5 hours a day of Myspace! So as a punishment I am not getting a new camera or fixing the computer for a while. They really don't seem to care though - now they just go out to God knows where. I just cant win.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
JimC

1. Black Stripe Kit
5. O/R H Pipe
The stripes would be a big improvement. I personally like white stripes on red the most. I'd like to get the black DD bullitts but if you paint yours I'd like to take a look at yours first. I like my Spydershaft. It makes the car quicker by reving more freely. I'll keep the stock exhaust. After-market exhausts don't improve the S197s performance, just the sound.

I agree with you about the white stripes but every Torch Red I see has the white stripes. I thought it would look cool with the balck stripes and rims. Your car would look sick with black rims.[8D] There have been a few posts about guys painting there Bullits with good results soI thought I might try it or have my neighbor do it (he has a gun and compressor and used to paint cars). I will let you know when I do it.
I am with you about the exhaust, The O/R - H was just a thoughtand probably will NOT happen. I love the sound of the stock exhaust with the CAI. I met a guy who has the SLP Loudmouths and I thought they sounded like crap.

John - you will love the one piece aluminum drive shaft! Mine is the Shaftmasters, a Michigan company (in Lincoln Park - got to support the local businesses!) and they are a sponsor here on the Forums.

I've seen a couple of red Mustangs with the black stripes, not bad but not nearly as striking as the white that everyone has. What about going with a white superstripe like I have? That would make it a little different from everyone, and the white seems to look best with your red.

Doesn't Mike have the OR H pipe on his car? Of course he also has the MRT's so it is loud anyway, but I think he said that he wouldn't go with that if he was doing it again. Some of the Mustangs I've heard with the OR H don't have as good a sound so you need to check that carefully.

Are you going to meet us at Lapeer tomorrow (Saturday, 11/3/07)? Not many of us going though.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Brownstown, MI (Downriver)! But grew up in Macomb Twp.

Mine has white stripes!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

So what does the one piece drive shaft do for you?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: mholka

So what does the one piece drive shaft do for you?
The white stripes look great on your car by the way.

It is stronger than the stock shaft - the stock 2 piece shafts have been known to come apart under stress and speed.
Plus it is much lighter so it gets rid of rotating weight - the car feels like it loses more weight as a result. It allows the engine to get up to speed quicker, and improves acceleration. Last weekend I went to the track and the only difference was the new driveshaft and hita new personal best on the first run - then on the next run did even better than the first.
I had a strong vibration on the highway before I changed to the aluminum one piece - the dealer could never feel it - as soon as I put the shaft on and hit the expressway there was no vibration. The car felt different, smoother ride, in addition to feeling like it was accelerating quicker (and the track results I think bear that out).
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

macomb, mi[sm=massbounce.gif]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
patrickfxck
1st Gear Member

livonia, maybe ill head over to mama mias next tuesday its only a few miles.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

Brownstown, MI (Downriver)! But grew up in Macomb Twp.

Mine has white stripes!!!

Hey 08Steeda,
did you used to be mholka?
Anyways...I live in Brownstown (48183) and I grew up near Macomb Twp. Shelby Twp
actually. Graduated from Henry Ford II. in '81. Have you been over there lately?
OMG it is soooo busy. We were looking at some houses in that area. Thinking maybe about
moving back. Nope!! Not anymore. Way too many people over there.
I love it downriver.

Quick Reply: Detroit What?!