Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

detroit area summertime meet and greet

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: detroit area summertime meet and greet

Jim keep me posted on that and any ideas of some road trips to different tracks.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Count me in! That was a good time in Port Huron last year. Where is Wingman???
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM
JimC

I'll start working on a location early this year - maybe we can convince the Ford dealer to let us park there this year.Once I get details and it gets closerI'll post a separate thread for the Port Huron Cruise.
My guess is that it will be July 18 - but I have to wait for the local calendar to get completed. Cruise night itself is an "unofficial" part of the car show weekend but there has already been a lot of talk about it locally, and asking the local police force if they canbe a little less of a commanding presenceto encourage more tourists to show up for the night and the weekend.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: JimC

I'll start working on a location early this year - maybe we can convince the Ford dealer to let us park there this year.Once I get details and it gets closerI'll post a separate thread for the Port Huron Cruise.
My guess is that it will be July 18 - but I have to wait for the local calendar to get completed. Cruise night itself is an "unofficial" part of the car show weekend but there has already been a lot of talk about it locally, and asking the local police force if they canbe a little less of a commanding presenceto encourage more tourists to show up for the night and the weekend.
Yeah, I agree there were a lot of police there but at least they were letting people do "burnouts". The police at the Dream Cruise are a lot worse than Port Huron. I just hope Jack doesn't get us killed on I-94 like last year! Just kidding Jack - you know you are my boy. And I am still waiting for Downriver to pipe in and break my ***** about something!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I can rent out my clubhouse, I live on 16 and jefferson, the clubhouse sits right on the water overlooking st. claire

http://www.harborclubnorthmarina.com/

I would cover all booking costs if anyone is interested in this location, I would just need an exact date
Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I would be up for the Shores area. Then we could cruise Gratiot too!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

I would be up for the Shores area. Then we could cruise Gratiot too!
yeah gratiot isn't the only place around here either, I'm 3 mnutes away from 16 mile road which means two things

A. once people get off the expressway it's like 2 miles from the exit

B. 16 mile road is a two lane 50MPH road with lots of stoplights, and after awhile it goes into a 4 lane 50 MPHroad if you catch my drift [sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I know all about 16 Mile Road. I grew up in Mt Clemens just north of 16 Mile Road just west of Gratiot, then moved to M-59 and Romeo Plank.

Sounds good!

Or I could drive up my 27 ft Chapparral with the 454 in it from the water too! Not as fast out of the hole as my Mustang but it is plenty fast on the water!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

I can rent out my clubhouse, I live on 16 and jefferson, the clubhouse sits right on the water overlooking st. claire

http://www.harborclubnorthmarina.com/

I would cover all booking costs if anyone is interested in this location, I would just need an exact date
Morbid, that would be cool, I believe my Uncle has his boat there also. Do you live in one of the apartments/condos there? I have seen your posts many times in the street and strip section but never posted anything because your sig scares the hell out of me! By the way I love your LS.[8D]

I think Jim's idea is great also. I think we had 11 Mustangs cruising upI-94 from Chesterfieldto Port Huron all in a row! I remember the look on everybody's face as wecruised up there one Mustang after another.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

HAHA - Morbid's Sig scares me too! Especially your old avatar with your liking the Katana blade! Damn, that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!

LOL

Quick Reply: detroit area summertime meet and greet