Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

anyone in detroit area want to cruise telegraph

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:22 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone in detroit area want to cruise telegraph

I might have to move it to sunday or late sat. afternoon. I trying to sell the house and the broker is probaley coming over around noon. Ill call you if things change. If it rains sat., maybe we can try Sunday. Car was hooking aliitl better, but my brakes blow. I don't know if it was sitting for 5 months. It's lile I have to push as hard as i can to get them to bite. I have those ceramic brakes and they suck. Ill have to inspect my pads, see whats going on. Ill email you fri/early sat. morning and tell you foresure whats going on. Those adjustable lower control arms I got fr MRT racing see m to work, but they have my rear end up alittle higher than my fronts and it feels alittle instable going around a corner fast. Don't know if I trust the car yet. aNYWAYS, TALK TO YOU fri.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Scott,

Hope all is well,

It was cool cruisin with UMX and DownriverT. If you guys wanna cruise again, just let me know. I had fun (even though half of our "Cruisin" was sittin around)
Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
tazman03
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Darkcrime

I think 4.10's would do a bit more, but what cna you do.I have a hand held and it doesn't show up as an option on it (even though it should)... I'm guessing I have to get the plastic gear, anyone know how to install that, or how hard it is to install?

That plastic gear can be picked up at the chrysler dealer if the ford dealr doesnt have it. When I went to get mine thats where I had to go. I ordered the 23 tooth white gear. Takes all of about 10 minutes to install.

Jack the rear of the car up and look on the tailshaft housing. you will see a sensor plug on it.
Unplug that and loosen the (1) bolt holding the gear in. It will just slide right out
Pop off the retaining clip and swap the two plastic gears.
just reinstall it then.

Granted mines wasnt all the way bolted in the car yet, lol but it still should be easy enough. heres a pic of mine....

With 4.10's in mine, my speedo is still about 6-8 mph off with 25" tall tires. If I got a set of taller side walls I would narrow that gap a bit but I can deal with it for now.

Im out in Westland area if you guys ever decide to be out this way PM me. Im down to cruise. Been looking for some local hangouts, anyone know of any?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Thanks man, I appreciate the info.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Yes, 50's mcdonalds Friday/Saturday nights (I think mainly Friday nights).

There's also another croud that hangs at the parking lot on Joy and Telegraph, althought, there's a few different groups there, some hang out in the Rally's parking lot, some in the other parking lot. I rarely go there.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
tazman03
1st Gear Member

No problem, just make sure you get the right plastic gear for the right rear end gears. I know they are all color coded but I am not 100% which one you would need. If they ask you if it has a metal shaft or plastic yours is plastic.

I may head up that way one weekend and check it out. Still new to the area so they may see my driving by the first time looking a little confused, lol. Thanks for the info
Old 04-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

that's cool man. Thanks again. If you need to know your way around, let me know, send me a PM or what not. Where are ya from, and what's ur car rujn at the track?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

I was about to see if anyone wanted to cruise tonight, but the wife might make me go with her shopping tonight!!! BLEH!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
tazman03
1st Gear Member

Thanks man, appreciate it. I live over in Westland. Nughberg & Ford Rd area.
I havent taken the car to the track yet. Trying to get little kinks worked out of it right now. Questioning the strength of the trans also, lol.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

let me know when you want to cruise man. Whenever you want to go to milan, let me know as well.

DownriverT just posted a meet at Lapeer if you get the kinks worked out early enough.

Quick Reply: anyone in detroit area want to cruise telegraph