Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Looking for paid work

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

Default Looking for paid work

I am looking for anybody near the Lansing/Jackson Michigan area who has alot of experience with 94-95 mustang gt's to take a look at my car and help me make sure everything is tip-top on it. There are a few small problems i'd like to get identified.

Of course, I will pay anyone up to $50 for looking at it for me, and I will even come to you. All I need is for you to take it for a spin, listen to it, and look under the hood to make sure everything is working correctly.

If anyone is interested in this, please contact me via here or directly via my email

masteryoer@gmail.com

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Check out Pauls High Performance in Jackson. They specialize in Mustangs.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

Do you know how expensive they are? most auto mechanics in town want at least $100/hr just to look at the car, and i'm not really looking to spend $100 dollars just for somebody to tell me the car is okay.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
jeffampt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ex0r
I am looking for anybody near the Lansing/Jackson Michigan area who has alot of experience with 94-95 mustang gt's to take a look at my car and help me make sure everything is tip-top on it. There are a few small problems i'd like to get identified.

Of course, I will pay anyone up to $50 for looking at it for me, and I will even come to you. All I need is for you to take it for a spin, listen to it, and look under the hood to make sure everything is working correctly.

If anyone is interested in this, please contact me via here or directly via my email

masteryoer@gmail.com

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon!

What exactly is going on with it that you think something is wrong with it?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

I never drove it before it had problems and as i've been slowly working on it and getting it back into shape again, to me it feels like it's losing power.

Also, when driving at some times (100% completely random, and doesn't do all that much), the idle will drop down to almost nothing and the car will attempt to stall (Headlights will go dim before it starts back up again) or when you push in the clutch (go idle). It seems to do it most frequently when it's cold and it's been driven for a while, or when it's cold outside.

I've check and replaced IAC, MAF, TPS, and all vacuum hoses, as well as removed the smog system and egr valve. No CEL codes other than the ones for having egr unplugged. I would just like somebody to sit with it for a minute and listen/get a feel for it to find out if they can diagnose it yet.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:54 AM
jeffampt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ex0r
I never drove it before it had problems and as i've been slowly working on it and getting it back into shape again, to me it feels like it's losing power.

Also, when driving at some times (100% completely random, and doesn't do all that much), the idle will drop down to almost nothing and the car will attempt to stall (Headlights will go dim before it starts back up again) or when you push in the clutch (go idle). It seems to do it most frequently when it's cold and it's been driven for a while, or when it's cold outside.

I've check and replaced IAC, MAF, TPS, and all vacuum hoses, as well as removed the smog system and egr valve. No CEL codes other than the ones for having egr unplugged. I would just like somebody to sit with it for a minute and listen/get a feel for it to find out if they can diagnose it yet.

What about the alternator? Did you have that tested?

What all mods do ya have done? I mean that is a random problem, post up the list of mods and see if maybe some one on here can give ya a hand before ya go pay to have it done.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

Everything is bone dry stock. No mods done to it.

I did remove the EGR valve and smog system, but it was doing exactly the same even before they were removed.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
jeffampt
1st Gear Member

Like I said go to auto zone and have them check the alternator, just for fun and see how it is doing, the dimming lights make me wonder about that and the strength of your battery. Heck you may just need a new battery......those are both free checks(if you have not done it already) so would not hurt.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

My car will also sometimes drop the idle to very low rpms (100-200ish), then either return to normal or stall out. It usually does not stall out. That is common among older mustangs.

How old is the battery?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

Battery is brand new. As far as the lights dimming, that could easily be caused from the car getting ready to stall out. The problem is knowing WHY it's about to stall out. I did the self check myself by taking the battery cable off the battery and the car stayed running, and it shows about 14 volts on the cluster when the car is running.

I'll take it to autozone later on and find out what they find out. Does the alternator come off the car to test it?

Quick Reply: Looking for paid work