Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Regional > Mid West
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
mongomcg

Vehicle: 1995 3.8L Coupe
Default Southeast Michigan Speed Shops - Where do you go? and Videos

Speed shops come and go more often than we like, and finding a new favorite can be a PIA. If your favorite shop is in southeast Michigan, let us know about it. I don't want this to just be free advertising, but, I guess it probably is.

I go to Diversified Creations and The C.A.R. Guys in Brighton. I've never been to Livernois Motorsports but they did up a couple of Mustangs for the 2010 Mustang videos I edited for Ford. If you go to the2010mustang.com - and click the box that says "Watch Videos of the 10 Unleashed" - Livernois did the cars in "Payback" and "Mustang Rally". If you find the "Payback Extras" you can watch a video of the Livernois guys at work.

Heck, while I'm on the subject, the Ford Mustang channel on YouTube has a bunch of videos any Mustang enthusiast will dig (and I was lucky enough to work on a lot of them.)

So, anyway, where do you go, who do you like working with, etc.? I think your Mustang buds would appreciate the info.

Steve
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
mongomcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1993 notch

lidio at alternative has been around a while. back in about 1992 i used to talk to him at the A&W car show b4 they widened m59, his new shop is pretty awesome too

http://www.alternativeauto.com/

and total performance on groesbeck still sells and does stuff but no advertising. they are basically SVT now and all motorsport/svt calls go to them

44050 North Groesbeck Hwy, Clinton Twp, Michigan. (586) 468-3673

nitrous oxide is proof there is a GOD and he wants us to be happy

Last edited by nitrous_bob; 07-10-2010 at 08:31 AM.
nitrous_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
mongomcg

Vehicle: 1995 3.8L Coupe

Ancient thread I started, but...

Finally putting the order in for forged internals. I've had this 3.8L long block sitting around for a couple of years now waiting for the stroker/internals upgrade.

Here's what I found for shops to build the V6

Alternative is a no-go for V6. Thompson Automotive in Wixom is ignoring me - not even a hint of a response. Must be nice to be busy enough...

Livernois Motorsports was gracious on the phone. I'll be taking the motor down in a couple of weeks for them to look at it and give me a better ballpark number. The more I tear it down, the better (more accurate) their quote will be.
95 3.8L Project '99 block, 4.3 stroker, Vortech V2, Forged Intls, P&P, Windstar Upper, Eibach Pro-Street Coil Overs, UPR RCA's/Tube K/A-Arms, Steeda C/C Plates/Bump Steer Kit/X2 Ball Joints/Offset Rack Bushings, BBK Underdrive Pulleys/CAI, MAC O/R H-Pipe/Pro-Dumps, Black Bullet 9/10.5 Offset - 17/265/40 Front & 17/315/35 Rear, more

My "done" car
mongomcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
america, mechanic, michigan, michiganspeedshops, mid, mustang, performance, shop, shops, southeast, speed, speed shops, speedshops, video, youtube