You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
IndySCCA has it's own pro touring / street machine autocross class!
Thought I'd let everyone know that the Indianapolis Region SCCA has a class just for pro touring cars as well as street rods and trucks. The rules are based on Goodguy's autocross rules. At our first event we had 8 entries and the competition was awesome! The rules are as follows:
2013 IndySCCA Street Machine / Street Rod / Trick Truck rules
All SCCA Solo rules are in effect except as explained below:
1. Open to rear wheel drive and all -wheel drive cars and trucks manufactured in the Americas.
2. DOT tires and tread wear will be limited to 200 minimum.
3. Must have all lug nuts on each wheel and must remove hub caps during runs if equipped.
4. Wheel bearings must have no play.
5. Batteries must be mounted securely by mechanical fastener to the body or chassis.
6. Overflow catch can on the radiator is mandatory.
7. All hoses must be in good condition with no cracks, swelling, deterioration or leaks.
8. Brake pedal must have good resistance and not go to the floor.
9. All wheels must have working brakes of at least 50% of original thickness and fluid must be full with no leaks.
10. Steering column must be tight and secured no binding or looseness.
11. Seats must be mounted secure to body or chassis.
12. Seat belts must be a minimum of a lap belt and secured to the body, bar, seat anchor bolt or frame for both driver and passenger.
13. Gas cap or tank vent must not leak on the track and tank must be securely mounted.
14. Exhaust must exit outside of the body or behind driver and securely installed. Mufflers are required with no open exhaust or open headers allowed.
15. All entries will have all body panels of such vehicle. (Fenders, doors, hood, deck lid and bed sides on trucks) body must be within 10% of original production. (Hot rod & Truck class have exception in rules)
16. Must have front and rear glass or lexan and side windows must be rolled down during run times.
17. Throttle must have a return spring with no binding.
18. No leaks under vehicle.
19. All entries must be street licensed, insured, and street legal.
20. All passengers must be 12 or older. All competitors and passengers must sign an event waiver. All minors must have filled out a minor waiver signed by both parents or guardians.
21. Driver must have a state issued license.
22. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle. Including floor mats.
23. Helmets must be worn. Helmets must meet SNELL M2000 or newer minimum.
24. No unsafe driving will be tolerated.
25. No burnouts.
26. Smoking is not permitted in the pits, grid area or inside the racing area at any time.
27. Cone penalty is 2 seconds added to your time.
28. Not stopping at the exit stop sign is a DNF for that run.
29. All Street Rod (SR) and Trick Truck (TT) will be approved on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
Street Machine Class: (SMC)
•All vehicles must be 1955 and newer in appearance, representing a production car.
Hot Rod Class: (SR)
•All vehicles must be 1954 or older cars in appearance, no trucks, deliveries or panels allowed in this class.
•High-Boys and Roadsters are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
Truck Class: (TT)
•Any vehicle with a Bed, Panel trucks, Deliveries, El Caminos and Rancheros will be in this class.
•1940 and older trucks are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
•Fuel tanks do NOT have to be in stock location but must be securely mounted.
•All truck entries will be determined on a case by case basis. No high center of gravity vehicles.
Our scheule for 2013 is:
May 19 Points Event #2 Speedrome Indianapolis Speedrome
June 1-2 National Match Tour Grissom Aeroplex Peru Indiana (SCCA National Fee structure applies: $95. Registration closes May 27th)
June 16 Point Event #3 Tri State
Challenge / Border Wars Carbon Motors, Connersville Connersville Indiana
June 29 Fun Event
Evening Event Lucas Oil Raceway Park (tentetive)
July 20 Test 'n Tune! Grissom Aeroplex Peru Indiana
July 21 Points Event #4 Grissom Aeroplex Peru Indiana
August 11 Points Event #5
Grissom Aeroplex Hosted by South Bend SCCA
September 15 Points Event #6 Speedrome Indianapolis Speedrome
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor