MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

Last nights meeting

Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 AM
babyBstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Last nights meeting

I just want to say mike you and neil did a great job presenting the pros and cons of the change for "Mustang Memories". I'm very glad at the end everyone saw what we did in the new place

Bring on the Vendors and MORE CARS!!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Where is the new place?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
JimC

I couldn't make it last night so I could use an update as well. Is it on the web site?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 AM
07q335
4th Gear Member

ITS GOING TO BE AT THE ROCK FINANCIAL SHOWPLACE
Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
ziggy

Mike and Neil put in a lot of effort into negotiating with the Rock Financial Showplace and did a great job of laying out the advantages and disadvantages of both locations. And they didn't present Rock as the perfect location recognizing that there probably is no such thing. Turnout at the meeting the other night was quite good and the vast majority of those who attended the meeting supported the move. There were only a couple people who opposed the idea.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:46 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So it should be in the next news letter right?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
07vistablueOUTLAW
1st Gear Member

I would also like to thank Mike, Neil, and anyone else that has put this together. I definately think Rock Financial is a great place for our show. I really hope certain individuals can pull the extremely large stick from their @$& and appreciate what our new board members are doing for this club.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vistablueOUTLAW
I would also like to thank Mike, Neil, and anyone else that has put this together. I definately think Rock Financial is a great place for our show. I really hope certain individuals can pull the extremely large stick from their @$& and appreciate what our new board members are doing for this club.

I must of missed a good meeting....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
ziggy

I can't speak for the board but I know a couple of them lurk here and I would expect to see info about the show location in the next newsletter assuming info is available. I don't think anything was published previously because until Rock agreed to waive parking fees for particpants and spectators there really wasn't a business case to use it. They only agreed to that very recently but not in time to get it in the February newsletter. Now the financials between the two locations are basically equal so a location can be chosen on the merits of each site.

One thing Neil was careful to point out was that the board doesn't want club members to feel like they're making decisions and then forcing them down everyone's throat. I think they did a good job negotiating with Rock on behalf of the club and presenting the details to the club. One thing we need to appreciate as members is that the board spends a ton of their own time working on these things as volunteers. Since I sleep next to the social director, I see it. Those guys are talking about something to related to the club literally EVERY DAY.

Honestly, last year was the first Mustang Memories show that we've been to, but I was extremely impressed about how professionally that show was managed. Compared to all the other shows we go to throughout the Summer, it is in a different league than most of them. Having it at a premiere venue like Rock will help elevate it even more.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
babyBstang
2nd Gear Member

Yes all the were involved did an awesome job and those who thought they could do a better job were the only one that was bitching about the change

I think Rock finacial is the best place for what we are trying to achieve as a club and with going that route we dont have to choose between sponsors or more cars. This way we get the best of both worlds...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Last nights meeting