MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

Poor AM reception 2016 Mustang

Old 09-22-2017, 01:24 PM
dblsecretprob

Default Poor AM reception 2016 Mustang

anyone else noticed really poor, almost non-existent AM reception, even on very strong local stations like WJR? Noise level is louder then the scant amount of audible audio. Base audio system. Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

AM950 can be tough to hear on the 696 under a bridge. Are stations hard to hear when you're not underneath any bridges or in a tunnel?

I'm not sure what would be wrong with the car's system though to have more static than audio unless there is bird **** on the transmitter/antennae.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:31 PM
dblsecretprob

Default Poor AM reception

It is poor outside in clear air on WJR (50KW), audio mostly non-existent. I need to tear into it myself as Ford was useless when asked. I am guessing there is a problem with the window glass antenna or the RF preamp. I understand Laird was asked to produce an add on noise filter for it, maybe it did not make it into production till late 16, thanks.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I had to reseat the big plug on the back of my 2012 for that same exact problem..fm was fine but AM wouldn't even pick up WLW with the tower less than 5 miles away and 50K watts. Reseated that plug and has been working fine for a year now.

Search this Thread