Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Motor Swap Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #121
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 GTS
Send a message via AIM to BlackMage

you're also going to need to find the correct valve covers. the 97-98 mark's had COP's, so if you get those you will need to change your ignition to COP's instead of coil packs. Otherwise you can find any 96-98 or 93-96 4v valve covers and re-use your coil packs.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Install Guides by yours truly: Clutch cable, PI Intake, Mishimoto Fan, Color your FORD Emblem, Interior Carpet
BlackMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #122
supercotufa

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Mustang GT

The engine that I bought had been opened: the guy took out the valve covers and the upper intake. With the intense rainy season the engine got flooded, with about 3 gal of water on the pan, and about 1/2 gal in the intake.
I took it apart and cleaned it up. Amazingly enough the engine seem to still be in good shape, and after a good clean it spins freely.
I found a considerable amount of carbon deposits in the intake, mostly I the non-injected ports, and a couple of square ports with deposits.
How concern should I be in regards to the state of the engine?
I am in a tight budget and am trying to avoid taking the heads off, but want to make things the right way.
supercotufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #123
jakemarsh7

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT

I'm doing this on a 99 GT. I got the 96-98 cobra intake manifold, so should I still be using a 99-01 cobra intake tube or should I use the 96-98 intake? I think the only way that a cobra strut tower brace will fit is if I get the 96-98 one.
jakemarsh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #124
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemarsh7 View Post
I'm doing this on a 99 GT. I got the 96-98 cobra intake manifold, so should I still be using a 99-01 cobra intake tube or should I use the 96-98 intake? I think the only way that a cobra strut tower brace will fit is if I get the 96-98 one.
you'll need the 96-98 cobra intake tube.

Install Guides by yours truly: Clutch cable, PI Intake, Mishimoto Fan, Color your FORD Emblem, Interior Carpet
Old 07-28-2014, 01:50 AM   #125
tinkercameron

Vehicle: 1997 ford mustang

so im starting this swap this week. I have a 93 engine. can someone tell me what parts I will have to get, besides what I have on the Lincoln and my 97 gt.
tinkercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #126
jakemarsh7

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT

I'm doing this on my 99 GT, which has a returnless fuel system. anything special have to be done, or do i just have to use the mark-viii fuel lines and that's it?
jakemarsh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #127
tinkercameron

can I use the 93 intake in this swap on my 97 or do I need the 96-98 intake? and why do you need cobra manifolds for the swap? why cant you use the ones already on there
Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #128
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

the parts you need all depend on the route you want to go.

the 93 mark viii intake WILL NOT WORK.

Go back through the posts here, theres not a lot of them. From post #100 on up, you should be able to anwer your questions on the intake part of it.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #129
tinkercameron

I am on a very tight schedule as im leaving for college in 2 weeks. I am using a 96-98 intake and a 99-04 cobra manifold. will I absolutely need 96-98 cobra imrc plates and a different throttle cable. and if so, what year.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #130
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkercameron View Post
I am on a very tight schedule as im leaving for college in 2 weeks. I am using a 96-98 intake and a 99-04 cobra manifold. will I absolutely need 96-98 cobra imrc plates and a different throttle cable. and if so, what year.
reading takes all of 30 min. lol

as for the imrc's, you will need either the 96-98 cobra plates, or the 97-98 mark viii plates. because you are using a 96 cobra intake, you will need to use a 96-98 cobra throttle cable.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
98, 99, ac, cobra, coolant, delete, engine, fit, fuel, hose, mark, mustang, rails, remove, transmission, viii, wiring