Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Motor Swap Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #51
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang gt

Couple guys over on s197forum.com did big block swaps look over there
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Never fast enough
stephen1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6 Coupe

I know this thread is old, but I'm interested to see if the OP ever pulled this off. I am planning something kinda similar - a 408 stroker with dual quads into my 2012. I've estimated the swap will run about $25k ($19k for parts, 5k of which is for a new Magnum XL 6-speed Tremec trans).

I disagree with everyone saying this is stupid, not worth it, but I do agree that if you're gonna do this, do it right and at least put a 331/347 into it instead of a relatively stock and underpowered Fox-body 5.0.

BTW, Ford Racing makes motor mounts for this kind of swap.

My 2012 427w Shelby Tribute
jsimmonstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #53
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 ford mustang gt

Good luck I want to see the end results!
Bbk cai, steeda udp's, bmr lower control arms, bmr panhard bar, set of roush springs, cmdp's, strut tower brace, nitto 255's out back, 5%tint all around, sequantial tail lights, minor int. mods., custom 93 tune, 4:10 gears, tci rachet shifter, o/r pro chamber, mac boomtubes, 6" shorty ant., shelby hood pins, hood struts, Updated brakes on all four wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, eibach camber plates, smoked front turn signals.
nj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #54
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
I know this thread is old, but I'm interested to see if the OP ever pulled this off. I am planning something kinda similar - a 408 stroker with dual quads into my 2012. I've estimated the swap will run about $25k ($19k for parts, 5k of which is for a new Magnum XL 6-speed Tremec trans).

I disagree with everyone saying this is stupid, not worth it, but I do agree that if you're gonna do this, do it right and at least put a 331/347 into it instead of a relatively stock and underpowered Fox-body 5.0.

BTW, Ford Racing makes motor mounts for this kind of swap.
Look back at post #48... He sold his fox body car with engine and tranny so he never accomplished the job.

I'm like you man and I stated this before... If you gonna go through the headache of a transplant, make sure you get about 500hp at the wheels to make it worth while.
No matter what mill/combo you're gonna use.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

I bit my tongue the whole thread on this. I just knew I would of said something to really **** the OP off not meaning too. I'm like others here, if you can't get enough power out of the swap, why do it? A 80's roller cam 5.0 just didn't have enough power or bottom end. They did sound much better than the tappet cammed 5.0's though. When Ford changed the firing order with the roller cam, it made the 5.0 sound so much better.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #56
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Thanks for biting your tongue doogie but the OP weighted the eventual outcome and made the right decision anyway.
Hell, I'd supercharged the 4.0 long before I mess with a stock 5.0 push rod or swap a 4.6 in it...
Old 06-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #57
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Again recognizing this thread is old, I figured I'd let everyone know that my 427w (dart block, afr heads, trick flow cam, 850cfm double-pumper carb) should be done sometime this week, and bought a Tremec T56 Magnum XL trans (made specifically for the S197), and should be starting my swap in the next 30 days. I'll let you know how it goes.

The only fabrication we've encountered (short of the drive shaft and exhaust behind the headers of course) is the spacer we need to have made between the bell housing and the transmission. Other than that, everything else is a bolt-in. It should only take a few days to remove the V6/auto trans, and install the Windsor/T56 and actually get it running. After that, we can worry about the accessories and little electrical things.

We're even gonna put a/c back in the car, and use the OEM instrument cluster.

BTW, BMR makes a k-member just for this swap, which pretty much makes it a nuts-and-bolts proposition.

Last edited by jsimmonstx; 06-16-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #58
aode08
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 91 Mustang GT

You guys must not have smog.

347 , 11:1 Compression,Knife Edged Lightened Crank,AFR 185,Ported Trick-flow Intake,Ford X-CAM,Under-drive pulleys,aluminum drive-shaft, 3:73 gears,Fender Cold Air Intake,Long tube headers,MSD Digital Ignition System
Lightened chassis.

451HP 439 FtLbTrq. mid 10 second car !
aode08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #59
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aode08 View Post
You guys must not have smog.
Or we must not care about it...

Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #60
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
Or we must not care about it...
I think he meant yearly inspection by the State.
We don't have those in FL...

Anyway man, when you're ready, start a new thread.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 302, 4.0, 40, 4o, 5.0, 50, 50swap, ford, mustang, pushrod, s197, s197 swap, swap, v6 swap