Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Motor Swap Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
07rousche4.0

Vehicle: 2007 ford mustang
Danny Griffin
Send a message via Yahoo to 07rousche4.0 Send a message via Skype™ to 07rousche4.0
Talking 07 4.0 - pushrod 5.0 swap

OK!!! before you kill me guy just think about everything i say before saying its stupid. so I bought a foxbody with a 5.0 and a t5 for 800 bucks all running, good part about having good friends. now my current 4.0 is now leaking oil and has alot of clanking around in the engine from either the lifters or timing **** in the back of the motor on the passenger side. it is procharged and has a few other mods that no longer matters. the 5.0 is getting it pulled saturday and slapping a few mods on including, lunati 51017 cam, gt40 heads, Edelbrock 1411 Performer Carburetor jetted down, intake manifold, comp pushrods, springs, lifters, stage 2 clutch, 3.55 gears with t-lok and the 8.8 rear end with spacers, longtubes, stage 2 procharger system with 12psi which will probably lower itself from losing backpressure, and 40 series flows. all but the cam, gears, lifters, pushrods, springs and carb i already have so im looking at roughly 1900-2200 bucks for parts because i have to get the new brackets for the procharger and get the rotation of the procharger reversed. the small amount of fabrication needed and the labor will run roughly 1800-2400 depending, maybe even less he told me but hope for less but expect more. I'm pretty good friends with the manager so im pretty sure ill get hooked up and have the whole swap and have a unique s197 with that real muscle sound, mods sound nice but i like old school. anyways ill keep you guys updated on how it goes and let me know what you guys think. been writing so long im not sure what im missing but i feel im missing something haha
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
07rousche4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I'm sure a LOT of folks will be interested to see how you pull it off... I mean, how it goes. It's possible IF you have a lot of technical knowledge and can design and manufacture the pieces you'll need to make it work. I wouldn't even guess about the electronics...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
07rousche4.0

Danny Griffin
Send a message via Yahoo to 07rousche4.0 Send a message via Skype™ to 07rousche4.0

well for the mounts we are just dropping the k member and positioning it and doing all the measurements there and making the mounts. as for the wiring it wont be so bad. Im working with the best mechanic in NY so I trust ill be fine and it will be done within 2 weeks
Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Very interested to see the end result. Definitely wouldn't want to deal with the tuning aspect of it

Last edited by Alec; 02-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

Sounds like a waste of a 5.0 to me. Also flows suck so I wouldn't say youre getting the "real muscle" sound.

Plus that fox would be faster than your S197. Fox weighs 3200 pounds +/- a few, while a S197 is 3400+

Last edited by 1slow67; 02-16-2012 at 10:33 PM.
1slow67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Kill him!
Oh wait. Don't. This sounds too cool
Lem-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Also, I don't realistically see it being a 'small' amount of fabrication. Not being negative, just after thinking about it, seems like a lot of work. For one, the 8.8 rear isn't the same as the one in the S197s especially if it's a 4 lug and considering the suspensions are different. Hope they can get you emissions/inspection stickers too

With the potential $$$ you'd put into this, why not fix the 4.0? Build the motor, throw a 4.2 stroker in or something like that? Probably would be less of a headache

I'm all for originality so you have my best wishes

Last edited by Alec; 02-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
07rousche4.0

Danny Griffin

Your right the fox would be faster but never as sexy, also the tuning wont be hard because its carbed which is one of the bigger reasons im converting it to carb. 40 series flows sound amazing with the 5.0s also... Im glad you guys find it interesting though and glad to be able to provide you guys with something new
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

I would be more interested in this if OP's name didn't slightly offend me - especially since I almost bought a REAL Roush (went with my current because it had 20K fewer miles).

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
07rousche4.0

Danny Griffin

also the rearend isnt the same but spacers will make up the difference and if anything ill just get a 8.8 for a couple hundred out of a junkyard and slap the gears in it. i have an easy 5 grand to throw at the swap so ill make it work but after its all said and done ill post everything it took but ill keep you guys updated as I go through it
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 302, 4.0, 40, 4o, 5.0, 50, 50swap, ford, mustang, pushrod, s197, s197 swap, swap, v6 swap