Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Swap coyote for lsx?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Silverbullet50

Default Swap coyote for lsx?

Hey guys I'm really aiming for high hp and it looks like the coyote is going to be more of an effort to build up. Has anyone gone through this on the s197 5.0's? Dont start flaming i just want to hear if anyone has gone through it.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:07 AM
3star2nr

Lol ain't no way I'd ever do it. The coyote is a better engine in my opinion.

And by the time you factor in swapping in the lsx trans, getting some weird custom driveshaft made, fiddling with the wiring harnesses etc don't really see how you gain anything cost wise.

Then say you do complete your build or get bored and eventually want to sell, I'd think it would be way harder to move a lsx powered mustang. I personally can't see myself buying something like that.

Botomline big hp is gonna be big money either way, so its one of these things. Which route gets you to the goal quicker and with less hassle. I'd say working with what u have but its up to you.

Good luck man
Old 08-27-2017, 01:37 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Dont you think it would be easier to just build your coyote with forged internals?

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....roducts_id=364
Old 08-27-2017, 01:57 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Probably would cost less to sell the mustang and buy an LSx powered vehicle, then mod from there instead of a motor swap.

What is your hp goal?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Silverbullet50

Ya your right it would cost less for an LS powered vehicle but honestly I love the way my 2013 GT looks. I dont care for resale because I dont get rid of my vehicles lol. I plan to take a good while on it because it's just my toy. I plan to make between 1000 to 1500 hp and it just seems like building the coyote is not only more expensive but more a pain in the *** to assemble with the DOHC. I do my own work and to me an LS is a whole lot more simple.