Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

67 Mustang Motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:23 AM
E-Mann

Default 67 Mustang Motor swap

I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some hindsight on a idea of putting in a 302 in my 67 mustang that has a 6 cylinder in it now. I am a chevy guy and don't know much about fords. I but a beautiful restored car its mint but the engine and breaks and all need to be upgraded, wanted advice from mustang people, I'm sure this has been done many times. The car has 5 hub wheels if that means anything.

Thank Eric,
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Having the 5 lug setup is a nice start.

Aside from that though, I6 to V8 swap is a ton of work. I will assume that since you already have the 5 lug stuff that the rearend has been upgraded to a V8 spec 9", vs the I6 7.7" or whatever it is (which will break with a V8 in front of it, sooner or later).

In addition to brakes, you will need to use V8 springs and more than likely need a new transmission. I would repost your question and do some looking around over in the "Classics" section here, you should be able to find everything you need over there.