Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Uncle Leo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!

martyrminstrel's ride......

Nice Very clean and sharp looking.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Default gwb16's 78 Mustang II

She's a little on the nasty side...in the GOOD kind of way. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails  Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!-p9138123.jpg    Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!-p9138127.jpg    Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!-p9138128.jpg    Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!-p9148167.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, how about a good side shot to see the pipes.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Default Side Pipes

I'll see about posting one showing the side pipes. They're going to be coming off pretty soon though. They're kind of rusty and WAY TOO LOUD. I can't hear myself think in the damn thing. Sounds great with the cam hitting hard but it's not a very enjoyable experience when driving for an extended period of time. I'm thinking Flowmaster 50's and out the back, I'll let others enjoy the purr! LOL! I'll have her back on the road in a few weeks, I may drive it around town a bit to see how much "unwanted attention" I recieve from the local and state police. We have a few, let's just say "more difficult" peace keepers around. They may decide to hit me a ticket or warning. There's no way to quietly move her along. Also, speed bumps are going to be an issue, I might have 5" of ground clearance but I doubt that it's that much.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Mine are not too loud. I now what you mean about ground clearance. Mine was stock hieght when I got it.

I added a leaf to the springs and put larger tires on it.

I used to own a '76 Cobra and a '77 hatchback. I still like to come over here now and then.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Hey 73, I forgot that I have a decent photo in my gallery of the side pipes.
check it out here.... https://mustangforums.com/forum/pict...pictureid=2798

I'll get another picture later, been super busy this week.....
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Sweet.

I bet people are shocked that the little Mustang II has so much grumble to it.

I wanted to build my Cobra II like yours, but had to sell it. Needed money at the time and didn't have room for it.

Now I have 2 acres and have several projects.

If I find another Mustang II hatchback or Cobra II, I just might get it.

I used to be able to find parts in the junkyard for them, but the are all gone now. If I find one it will have to be in good shape.

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.

We need more II owners here.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

73....she does get a bunch of stares of disbelief.
I pulled her out into my front yard last weekend to give her a good wash and this dude in an 07 GT slammed on the breaks in front of my house to ask if he could come "look at it", then he wanted to hear it. It was funny as ****, the man had goose pimples running up and down his arms and you couldn't of beaten the smile off of his face when I fired her up. Can't really call her a sleeper if you hear her running....EVERYONE knows that she's a nasty little ride. My buddy ran some numbers and "guessed" that I should be cranking out about 330hp at the flywheel. I'll have her dyno'ed later just to see. I'm kind of curious to see where she lands on the chart. I know it feels like the front left wheel leaves the road when I call on her hard. I need someone to check it out for me to be sure :-).
I have it listed on Craigslist for $6500 had a man call me about it, was looking for his soon to be 16 year old son, after I told him about all of the engine mods, he said "maybe not the car I was looking for". I told him that I wouldn't suggest this car as a first car for any 16 year old. I've been toying with the idea of selling her but haven't totally committed to it, unless someone comes up with the $6500, then I'd let her go. I haven't been very negotiable with the few calls that I've gotten.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 73 Sportroof
Sweet. I bet people are shocked that the little Mustang II has so much grumble to it.
Check this out and tell me what you think. This was this past Sunday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j59YOiQk9U
Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Sounds great. Good tone to it. I love side pipes for the sound. I wouldn't sell it if I were you.

I would get a 9" rearend for it and some new front spindles so you could put some 5 lugs on it. Add a leaf to the rear, give it a little rake. 15x8 in the rear 14x7 in the front it would look mean.

It needs the Cobra II spoilers and a hood scoop.

It makes me want to build one.

Quick Reply: Mustang II Member Rides - Submit Your Pics!!!!