Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

<> Could this be in the top 10 sickest IIs around? <>

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

yeah dude there are only a few people here that are into the II's, but i'd love to see a stronger presence here from "our" kind
Old 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
rms8

to the top
Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
rms8

WOW, as of 2:15 CDT today, there have been nearly 220 views, yet only 3 people on this site posted a comment. Dang. I thought there would be more people here with built up II's, or II's in some stage of being built.

Oh well. I wish I could at least view the galleries to see the II's that have been posted here already. Any II is pretty sweet, built or not!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

im not in here much just thought i would look around that is one slick looking II, ive never really had a problem with the way they look just the engines they came with, quick question what are the dimensions for the engine bay? got a 460 build planned for this winter but im hesitant to start modifying the shock towers on my 69' and i know a guy selling a II body wondered if the 460 could be persuaded to fit
Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
rms8

Originally Posted by sethalot
im not in here much just thought i would look around that is one slick looking II, ive never really had a problem with the way they look just the engines they came with, quick question what are the dimensions for the engine bay? got a 460 build planned for this winter but im hesitant to start modifying the shock towers on my 69' and i know a guy selling a II body wondered if the 460 could be persuaded to fit
Absolutely! A big block will fit in there, but not without some custom mods. Namely headers and mounts. Check out Car Domain.com. There are a few II's with big blocks on there. The big block route would not be my first choice though. Entirely too much weight in front of that car. With the money and time you spend modifying the car and acquiring custom parts, you could have a "big block" small block. How about a 460cid 351W based motor? VERY NICE!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 AM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rms8
Absolutely! A big block will fit in there, but not without some custom mods. Namely headers and mounts. Check out Car Domain.com. There are a few II's with big blocks on there. The big block route would not be my first choice though. Entirely too much weight in front of that car. With the money and time you spend modifying the car and acquiring custom parts, you could have a "big block" small block. How about a 460cid 351W based motor? VERY NICE!
thanks i appreciate the info im just looking at my options cause i really dont want to screw up the 69
Old 09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
SWATSCHOOL
I ♥ Acer

That is awesome, IIs are cool.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

That is a very sweet II, something to be proud of. Not many people take that kind of detail, if more people did imagine the image cars could have.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
totallywiredracing

did you get it fixed after byron, have you had a chance to go back? i just put my trans back together, blew up some seals, dumped some oil, like to hit byron at least once before winter.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 AM
rms8

Originally Posted by totallywiredracing
did you get it fixed after byron, have you had a chance to go back? i just put my trans back together, blew up some seals, dumped some oil, like to hit byron at least once before winter.
I put a new clutch, throw out bearing and PP in it. Had the FW turned. Good as new, oh wait, the last set was new too ;-)

I removed the supercharger due to a leaky seal which was allowing oil to coat my plugs...It's under warranty though !!! While it's there and apart, I asked them to polish it. Hope to have it back before the end of Sept. Looks like the last few weekends at Byron are all TT nights !!!!

Quick Reply: <> Could this be in the top 10 sickest IIs around? <>