Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

78 Mustang II Cobra Wireing problem any help out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 PM
sam_fajardo

Default 78 Mustang II Cobra Wireing problem any help out there?

I have a 1978 Mustang II cobra with some motor upgrades. TO make a long story short the guys who did the work ran my wire harness between the radiator and the front of the car and the vibration of my big cam rubbed the wires raw causing a wire fire all the way to the firewall. I pulled 78 mustang harness and have it almost fully connected but can't figure out one wire that goes from the brain to the loom. Anyone out there who can guide me? Thanks in advance.

Sam
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 AM
JamesPoore

beats me....I am having trouble just wiring upa CD player into mine....... the 1978 mustang rules!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
sam_fajardo

Hi there!

I connected my stereo. It' spretty easy. look at your harness in your stereo compartment you need to find your v power wire that is usually red. If its not red than test all the individual wires with a voltage meter and the hot wire will read 12 volts. My hot was red so yours should be also. Connect your stereo red and yellow or orange wire (depending on what type of stereo you have) to your 12 volt wire in your car and connect your black wire of your stereo to the black ground in the car. The black wire is easy to find . The rest of the wires for yours peakers will be two wires forv each speaker one having a colored wire with as tripe than another wire matching that wire with no stripe. connect same colored car speaker wires to any of the speaker wires on your stereo make sure youconnect striped with striped and solid with solid . Its not going to matter what speaker wires you connect each car speaker wire with because the stereo is going put the same power output to each one anyways. Hope this helps.

Sam
Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
JamesPoore

what about the amps and bass boost?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
sam_fajardo

Buy awiring kit from a local car audio store and buy the positive gauge according to the power of youramp.They cantell you since I don't knowwhat amp you have. The power runs straight from your battery to your amp and the ground you just ground ot to a bolt liike maybe one of your seat bolts. It just has to be grounded to the metal of yourcar. Run your power line on one side and your audio cables that hook to the back of your stereo on oposite sides of the car so your audiocables dont pick up a humming noise. Your ampshould havecamewith a bass boost **** thathooks up to your amp and youscrew it where you want up front. Your stereo should have a bass control also. Did this help? Basicly once you find the neg and pos to your stereo your set. Everything else for an amp and subs goes straight to your battery it has nothing to do with your car harness. The rest isbattery and hook you audio wire to the output sub in the back of your stereo and run it to your amp input. Did this help?