So it has been awhile, I travel alot for work and am rarely home. Getting ready to be gone for another 6 weeks starting next week.
Well I have a ton of pics ( just have to get them off the camera)of what the Cobra II looked like when we started cutting it up for parts and it was NOT good. I felt bad that I had let lori do a few 100+ mph rips down the road in it. The drivers sub frame was not even welded to the firewall if that gives you an idea. and the places that the previous person patched had lots of rust left under it.
Here i am drilling spot weldsto get the cowl off in one piece.
I will add therest when i down load them
Last night i decided to start cleaning up some of the parts I have a KBS Coatings kit both the Frame Coater & The All in One Chassis Kit.
Black Top Top Coat
First I cleaned all of the parts with a whire wheel or brush
Then used Aqua clean on them to degrease etc.
Then used rust blast This step leaves a zinc coating to fight rust
Now after rinceing and drying I can coat them tonight.
Another cool thing I noticed was the V8 stamp on the part.