Shelby's Mustang - Page 3 -

Go Back > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Mustang II Section

Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Shelby's Mustang

Old 06-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #21
Vehicle: 1994 Acura NSX, 1997 Saleen Speedster 97-158, 1989 Saleen Convertible 89-587, 1976 Mustang Cobra II

Is that a 28oz imbalance engine (what was in the MII.....non-HO 302)? If so, I have the bellhousing and 141-tooth flywheel you need that came off of the '76 Cobra. If you want, you can swing by the shop and grab them.....I'll donate them to Shelby's cause.

If it is a HO engine, you'll need a 50oz imbalance flywheel and a 157-tooth bellhousing and flywheel (I looked and looked but couldn't find a 50oz 141-tooth flywheel). If that is the case, I used a 50oz 157-tooth flywheel and a 157 tooth bellhousing from a '66 Mustang 289/C4 when I dropped the 302EFI into the '76 and kept the C4.

So, if you want to swing down by the shop sometime (on McKinley @ Capital) you can have the MII flywheel and bellhousing.

rjpkrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #22
2nd Gear Member
Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Fastback

UPDATE- but no pics right now. First, a HUGE thanks to rjpkrp!!. I stopped by his shop and drooled over some cars and he hooked me up with the MII bellhousing I needed and a front spoiler that I think will work. so thanks!

No real build progress, but I've been procuring parts...

Trac loc for the rear end, 302 engine, cam, lifter, timing set, valve covers, intake, carb, plug wires, front bushings, 5 lug rear axles.

Will hopefully get the 5 lug front conversion this weekend (Depends on $$)

So now that I have parts I can get to work- plan on doing the front & rear suspension bushings first, then the 5 lug swap. After that, the V6 out and get the 302 assembled and dropped in. Luckily the body is really straight so the only bodywork is getting the spoilers attached and molded in. Then we can do the interior and electrical.

Hoping to get a lot done in the next two weeks.
The gas pedal fits best right up against the firewall, so I figure it should be there as much as possile
racer_dave is offline   Reply With Quote