Shelby's Mustang - Page 4 - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Mustang II Section
Search

Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

Shelby's Mustang

Old 11-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #31
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Fastback

Rob, I like that seat as well. If I use these I don't think I'll need to get the rear seat redone since its already black. The pleats are a bit wider, but I can live with that.

I may stop by and check them out this week. Let me know a good day. Can either do a lunch time visit or after work.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #32
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

so, some more pics and an update-

Got the manifolds sandblasted and repainted

before...
Click the image to open in full size.

after...

The Granada rear end is cleaned up and apart, ready for reassembly and addition of brake caliper brackets

freshly powerwashed...

Sandblasted the carrier & cleaned up the bearing caps etc...Click the image to open in full size.

Began to take the old 4 lug rear out. Tried to use solvent and an impact but no luck on the u bolts, rusted solid so I get the torches out and what does Shelby say? - 'Please tell me I get to learn how to use the torches.' Thats my girl

So, Shelby getting ready for her maiden 'torching'

And of course nothing goes as planned. I guess new springs are required...

so, new springs and shackles ordered from Mustangs Unlimited... And finally get another weekend in the shop in a few days. So hopefully we can get the rear diff/gears assembled, caliper brackets welded up, new springs/shackles installed and put under the car soon.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #33
rjpkrp

Vehicle: 1994 Acura NSX, 1997 Saleen Speedster 97-158, 1989 Saleen Convertible 89-587, 1976 Mustang Cobra II

Strong work! BTW, let me know when you want to come by and look at those seats. I've got them at the shop.
Rob (Isaiah 1:17; Luke 5:10)

2006 Saleen Mustang S281 SC
2015 Mustang Vert
1976 Cobra II 302EFI
1965 Volvo 1800S
rjpkrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #34
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 2002 GT Convertible

Update?

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #35
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

Update... Sure... We have been able to get some work done. Fall and winter were taken up with Winter Guard, and Robotics for Shelby. And on my side I was working 14-16hr days from mid December until last week.

The new springs and shackles arrived from Mustangs Unlimited. The trac loc has been set up. I took lots of pictures and may post this as a how to. Its all but identical to setting up a 9" rear so I think folks might like it. I'll post it here and on the MII site. The rest of the Granada rear is cleaned up and I'm in the process of getting the new brake brackets for the rear calipers welded up.

We got the engine flushed and got the new cam in it. Hopefully get the inake/carb/valve covers on it and get it finished up to go in the car.

so... a little progress. I'll post pics when I get a break and download from the phone
Old 08-25-2016, 10:27 PM   #36
rjpkrp

Vehicle: 1994 Acura NSX, 1997 Saleen Speedster 97-158, 1989 Saleen Convertible 89-587, 1976 Mustang Cobra II

How is the project coming along?

2015 Mustang Vert
1976 Cobra II 302EFI
1965 Volvo 1800S
Old 08-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #37
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

ok- not much big stuff going on, worked on some smaller parts and stockpiled more parts- we were doing horse shows, racing, county fair, state fair etc... Shelby really kicked *** this year- ribboned in 16 of 18 classes at fair, placed in all classes at state 4H show and Reserve Champion in one class and then last week for Edwardsburg HS Equestrian team she got 3 firsts, 3 seconds & 4th in 7 classes.

We're back at it this week. Hows your project coming?
Old 08-31-2016, 06:22 AM   #38
rjpkrp

That's awesome for Shelby! I don't know much about horses, but it sounds like she was rocking it this year!

We are coming along. It made it onto the road a couple of weeks ago and Cole took it to his first Cruise-In. Now just making a punch-list of all of the things that need to be corrected over the winter. It hasn't been the smoothest build, but Cole is happy so far. (The punch-list is growing, but they always do with builds like these.)

2015 Mustang Vert
1976 Cobra II 302EFI
1965 Volvo 1800S
Old 08-31-2016, 07:28 AM   #39
racer_dave
2nd Gear Member

That is really cool. I know we're behind on Shelby's car- but we're so busy. Would love to have hers running and driving this fall still. It would be easier if my shop was insulated/heated (hopefully it finally gets done in November) so I can work year round. Once it gets cold work comes to a screeching halt.